Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • the elder scrolls skyrim.WOW! cannot wait to play this
  • racefaceec90

have seen the trailer about a couple of months ago (it looked great),but after seeing this(am totally blown away).looks like i will be hibernating come november 😉 p.s loved the oblivion game (am going to get it again,in preperation for 11.11.11 😀 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU[/video]

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yeah, looks great raceface, I can’t wait either. Just love the atmosphere of Oblivion and Fallout 3. Looks like i’ll be hibernating too mate!

deluded
    Free Member

Cheers for the link.

This looks absolutely fantastic. The level of detail and depth in all areas of the game is quite staggering. Oblivion was my favourite game but Skyrim will notch it up a fair few levels. Oh well, that will be me written off for a few months playing it, before re-emerging into the real world a pale & withered husk with eyes like pi55-oles 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kaesae
    Free Member

😯

chvck
    Free Member

Looks epic, loving the dragons aspect! This blatantly isn’t going to play on my laptop so I may be buying a console for this!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Three days later Assassin’s Creed Revelations is out.

spacemonkey

Attention to detail? Any of you guys seen or played Witcher 2 yet?

Check out the IGN video review.

Have been playing it on and off recently and some aspects are pretty impressive, especially the visuals (with wicked weather/lighting etc). A bit buggy and kind of unfinished/rushed in parts – but a good yomp overall.

EDIT: reviews tend to imply that NPCs have plenty of interesting stuff to say and that side quests etc knit together to create a more rounded experience. Both are bollocks IMO; NPCs are dull and full of the usual uninspired waffle and most side quests are the usual ‘go and find this > kill that > deliver this’ kind of thing, i.e. nothing particularly innovative or creative.

deluded
    Free Member

spacemonkey – couldn’t get your link to work. I’ve had a look at Witcher 2 on Gamespot – looks good but I can’t imagine that it will be anywhere near as free roaming and layered as Skyrim.

chvck
    Free Member

and most side quests are the usual ‘go and find this > kill that > deliver this’ kind of thing, i.e. nothing particularly innovative or creative.

I was interested till that bit. I hate fed-ex quests in games, soooo boring!

spacemonkey

deluded – no, it’s not free-roaming, but it is still fairly expansive. And the combat/alchemy/magic makes for some pretty interesting scraps.

chvck – IMO it’s virtually impossible to built organic side-quests that behave dynamically across the full scope of a game. Too many variables I guess. ‘Cause and effect’ has improved since the days of KOTR etc, but there’s still a long way to go to make things more realistic and properly immersive.

Tis still a good game though – and looks damn fine on high settings. Put it this way, the forest in chapter one is even better than the jungle in Crysis 1 and 2!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘the elder scrolls skyrim.WOW! cannot wait to play this’ is closed to new replies.