Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • The driver of the car will face no further action
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Why the hell not?
    String the bastard up by his baggy scrotum!
    http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/14442669.Car_crashes_onto_railway_line_in_Hereford/

POLICE have said they will take no action against a man whose car crashed onto the railway line in Hereford.

The car went off Old School Lane – a road adjacent to the railway line – and down an embankment on to the tracks at around 6.45am today.

The car did not “went off”, some dick who was supposedly licenced to be in control of the car managed to spank it into the fence getting it wrong going over the railway bridge. 1,000+ people have their train cancelled and their days bolloxed, but it’s OK, the BTP reckon there’s no fault to be pursued. Bunch of arse.

legend
    Free Member

Sounds like a standard car crash that just so happened to end up on a line? Obvs, death would be too good for him

Stoner
    Free Member

Obvs, death would be too good for him

glad you feel the same way as me.

LoCo
    Free Member

Impressive accuracy to get it down between the two bridges.
    Does seem strange that there are no charges.

callmetc
    Free Member

oh no someone caused me an inconvenience, they must be punished.

Stoner
    Free Member

its a 30mph road, the bridge is narrow so you have to give way.
    To get that wrong you have to be driving with your head up your arse, a blindfold on, or too fast. All perfectly good reasons for a ballsack-stretching.

Pook

No details as to how he ended up down there. Maybe he had to dodge some arsehole coming the other way? Looks like a narrow bridge – someone caning it down there forced him off road? We just don’t know

dannybgoode

How do we know there wasn’t a fault with the vehicle. had to swerve to miss something etc.

The article is a little light on the exact circumstances of the crash so can’t really judge at this point.

I’ll sharpen my pitchfork though just in case further information comes to light which suggests a lynching is indeed an appropriate response.

legend
    Free Member

I heard he had to avoid a baby robin

Gary_M
    Free Member

Driver has front fog lights on so deserves a stretch inside for that alone.

Or was he swerving to avoid the comet that landed on the track?

STATO
    Free Member

Some impressive skill to miss the lamppost too, so coming at it from the opposite angle, which by streetview is bordered by another big fence.

https://goo.gl/maps/L4Ufknh6LRC2

Skillz.

mt
    Free Member

He could have been trying to avoid a road tax dodging cyclist? Or maybe a kitten.

allthegear
    Free Member

STATO has a good point – I’m finding it difficult to understand *how* he managed it!

Rachel

kimbers

There’s also a warning sign saying playground, in that picture, which he managed to avoid. So he should have been driving quite slowly

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

+1 kimbers

Pook

he may well have been

lowey

Does seem odd given the potential crash it may have caused. The Driver who caused the Great Heck rail crash was sent down.

martinhutch

The Driver who caused the Great Heck rail crash was sent down.

It pretty conclusively shown that Gary Hart had fallen asleep at the wheel due to being sleep deprived, so he was done for death by dangerous driving.

All kinds of possible reasons for the above crash. We don’t even know if another vehicle was involved.

dannybgoode

@lowey-he fell asleep at the wheel and people were killed. Hardly a comparator…

Stoner
    Free Member

We don’t even know if another vehicle was involved.

If there was, it would surely have been reported as such, and if their involvement were relevant then they would be the subject of further investigation.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Maybe there was a medical reason he veered off (not meaning to play devil’s advocate).
    Haven’t read the full paper article though.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Hereford ?

Amazing driving skills ?

Not charged ??

He who dares wins

Klunk
    Free Member

probably had the get out of jail free handshake.

BoardinBob

He was clearly just making progress. No big deal.

philjunior
    Free Member

Clearly he/she could’ve driven better, but once through the fence you would be bound not to stop until you hit the tracks. It doesn’t mean there was necessarily negligence. Accidents do happen even when everyone drives within the law (and in this case, the burden of evidence for a prosecution would be to prove that the driver did not drive within the law). I’m normally all for motorist lynchings, but if there’s no evidence that the driver was breaking the law then there’s not much that can be done.

Shall we prosecute whoever didn’t install a crash barrier there too?

allthepies
    Free Member

Must have been a brown trousers moment when descending that slope of doom!

dannybgoode

@stoner. Maybe the other vehicle was reported to the police but not to the newspaper which is why they let him off.

Without seeing the police report we just don’t know…

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe he hadn’t done anything that broke a law. You are allowed to crash your car without automatic prosecution in most countries. Regardless of the outcome.

Stoner
    Free Member

He was clearly just making progress

What car does molgrips drive?

I_did_dab
    Free Member

embarrassing for network rail for failing to spot the potential accident and block the gap. They spent a lot on protecting bridges after the east coast mainline crash.

konabunny
    Free Member

Heart attack? Mental illness? Lack of, you know, evidence?

core

The playground sign is a bit misleading, it’s on the other side of the bridge, a hundred yards or more up the road.

The bridge is narrow, 1 car width, and people always speed up and down that stretch of road, there’s also a junction almost immediately the other side of the bridge on the right, cars regularly emerge from there without much care.

I’ve been forced to stop rapidly there several times, that said, you’d have to be going some to stick it off the road and onto the railway!

Ro5ey – SAS boys don’t drive Mondeo’s you know, it’s all Land Rover, BMW & Audi. Oh, and they usually cycle or run everywhere in helly hansen base layers 8)

STATO
    Free Member

I_did_dab – Member

embarrassing for network rail for failing to spot the potential accident and block the gap. They spent a lot on protecting bridges after the east coast mainline crash

Difficult to judge just how determined some people can be to find a gap…

fourbanger
    Free Member

Probably had to swerve to avoid a cyclist police car cutting him up.

Stoner
    Free Member

“I wish I had killed her”

thank goodness he can get his licence back next year.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

. Oh, and they usually cycle or run everywhere in helly hansen base layers

Despite that excellent description

Maybe the police had trouble identifying the driver

scaredypants

That newspaper page has this linky, which shows one driver being jailed…

well, yeah, but he was definitively shown to have tattoos

Stoner
    Free Member

but he was definitively shown to have tattoos

aggravating factor. Should have added a “0” to his sentence.

richmtb

SAS boys don’t drive Mondeo’s you know, it’s all Land Rover, BMW & Audi. Oh, and they usually cycle or run everywhere in helly hansen base layers

Crashed car is an Audi – A4 B6 I think but definitely an Audi.

So given that info hangings not good enough

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘The driver of the car will face no further action’ is closed to new replies.