Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The dreaded E-bay
  • Merak

Its great when it works but is a nuisance when it doesn’t.

I sold a frameset last Sunday, buyer says I’ll send you a cheque. I say, I would prefer Paypal to keep us both right. No problem says he, you’ll have it toot sweet. A couple of days go by no word I invoice him, no reply.

So 7 days have elapsed can I relist it? Can I report this bampot for timewasting, and what’s the deal with the fee’s for me?

Why do folk bother bidding with no intention of paying?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Look up the rules. After a certain time you can raise a dispute and get money back if no payment.

Jambro
    Free Member

I had this problem with a phone I sold.

He promised he’d pay a couple of days later than the end date, didn’t hear anything after that and no payment…

You can’t even leave negative feedback which is stupid!!

Hope you get it sorted

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Agreed. Sellers should be able to leave negative or neutral feedback in the event of non-paying or slow-paying buyers. Does a non-paying strike even show up anywhere? Personally, if somebody hadn’t paid me after a week, and failed to give a sensible reason, I’d just cancel their bid and either give a second chance offer or relist.

Northwind

Non-paying strikes don’t show up visibly but do go against the buyer’s record, I can’t remember how many strikes you get but do it too often and you get the banhammer. Actually still seems to work quite well.

Merak

Agreed. Sellers should be able to leave negative or neutral feedback in the event of non-paying or slow-paying buyers. Does a non-paying strike even show up anywhere? Personally, if somebody hadn’t paid me after a week, and failed to give a sensible reason, I’d just cancel their bid and either give a second chance offer or relist.

+1 An unpaid item strike is of no consequence. But imo it should affect your feedback rating. I have, just now, offered a second chance offer to the next bidder. Should they not be interested I will relist and it seems report an unpaid item for all the good it will do. 👿

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I never use Ebay thanks to reading lots on STW and overhearing people talking about faulty stuff and saying “chuck it on ebay”…

Creg

+1

Sold an item last week that was collection only, only to have the seller email me saying “oh sorry, didnt realise Middlesbrough and London were so far apart so I dont want it anymore”.

Having to open an action to get my money back for the cost of the listing.

👿

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you need to log an unpaid item to avoid paying fees? I’ve just had to do it for the first time and it was only £10 for a working laptop. Luckily everyone else paid up and I’m in ebay credit so its buying time.

toys19
    Free Member

Actually still seems to work quite well.

Really how do you know it works well? What is your experience/expertise in non payment strikes?

Northwind

toys19 – Member

“Really how do you know it works well? What is your experience/expertise in non payment strikes?”

I got someone banned a wee while back for being a pisstaker.

“Excessive unpaid items on a buyer’s account may result in range of action, including limits on buying and selling privileges or suspension of the account.”

I don’t know exactly how many strikes counts as excessive but they do ban people for it, see it done.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

turn on auto non-paying bidder assistant,

4 days it send them a reminder, 4 days after that it marks their account and stops them leaving feedback, fees instantly credited

toys19
    Free Member

I got someone banned a wee while back for being a pisstaker.

Blimey I’ve had this happen umpteen times and never seen anything come of it. How did you know they had been banned?

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah or demand paypal only and instant payment. If you lose the odd sale because the only bidder was a loser without a paypal account he probs inst going to pay anyway.

Northwind

“How did you know they had been banned?”

Oh, he let me know, he wasn’t too pleased 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The dreaded E-bay’ is closed to new replies.