Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The Doors
  • iDave
    Free Member

So, when I was in Paris last month, I wandered around the cemetery where famous dead bodies like Jim Morrison are encased. His tomb is a shrine, there were about 40 people there when I saw it. Anyway, my view was it's just a bloke who died young.

However, I have since increased my Doors collection past The End and People are Stange, and can now say it was the tomb of a bloke who wrote some bloody great music and lyrics and then died.

Had The Doors playing all morning and life is groovy, man.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not much of a fan. I find most of the songs a bit dull. Break On Through is pure rock though.

JulianA
    Free Member

Very strange guy. I like the Doors very much but Jim Morrison was another person who was mad, bad and dangerous to know from what I have read!

MrNutt
    Free Member

They've done some interesting remastering. Anyone got a copy of 13?

bassspine
    Free Member

one of my favourite quotations about Jim Morrison: "All the women wanted to f*** him and all the men wanted to be him"

M6TTF
    Free Member

Every students hero, did some great music – screwed some fit lasses and took so many drugs he rattled. The film which starred val Kilmer is pretty good and there's a new documentary style film coming out shortly

MSP

Read his biography when I was 17, and came to the conclusion that the guy was a complete cock, still love the doors music, but these people who worship his grave need to get a life, he's just a dead celebrity.

atlaz
    Free Member

One good thing about everyone going to Morrison's grave in Pere Lachaise is that they pretty much ignore the rest of the place (well, apart from Oscar Wilde's grave) alone so you can wander around and see it without the crowds mostly.

iDave
    Free Member

yeah, i went to see Oscar while I was there

found Jim Morrison's gaff by mistake.

it's a nice way to spend an hour or so

Junkyard
    Free Member

liked the music/sound of the band but the lizard king warblings of the drug fuelled egotoist dont do wmuch for me.

nickc

It was mostly because he was beautiful that people overlooked the fact that his lyrics were like that of a drunken bum shouting at the bins round the back of the co-op.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

LOL @ Nickc
    As a student, I went through the Doors phase. Older and wiser now, I still can't decide if he was a fantastic lyricist, the band were fantastic musicians, a bit of both, or it was all just the James Dean effect, only reveared later because he was a star, pretty and died young. It's also difficult when you're judging from a different era, there were other bands before The Doors doing the same, possibly better, but didn't have the beautiful front man who died young. I read 'no one here gets out alive', obviously written by a JM adorer, but reading between the lines he still came across like a bit of a t0sser. But, maybe those little differences (ie a front man who spouts alot, lives the RnR life to extreme, has nice hair, croaks young) are what makes the difference between a good band forgotten and a good band who are remembered 40years+.

All things considered, he/they were unique.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The Doors’ is closed to new replies.