Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Doomsday Book – laser disc edition
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

So who else contributedcontributed?
    Mine from a while back. http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/domesday/dblock/GB-404000-615000/page/11

deadkenny
    Free Member

I remember it and the school had the thing for a while. Not sure it was used much.

Was around my time when I could have contributed though don’t recall doing anything for it unless it was a class effort. Nothing I recognise for the town’s entries.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Your school had 28 children in it. Who was the teacher, Laura Ingalls?

MrNice
    Free Member

we were supposed to be contributing but the school decided we wouldn’t be allowed to because we were all too badly behaved

mikewsmith
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member
    Your school had 28 children in it.

Welcome to rural Northumberland, quite common really. I think they had 15 when it closed.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Blimey. Must have been such a different experience to mine. Quite like the idea of some aspects of it, the big school was great for making a wide variety of friends although not so great at actually educating you unless you were at one academic extreme or the other.

My class size was roughly 34, it went up or down one or two depending on suspensions/expulsions or new arrivals which were generally kids that had been expelled from neighbouring schools. I think the pupil numbers for the whole school was just north of 1,400 (8 classes per year + a small 6th form).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This was first school, Middle school was 200 and high school 1000.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

This was first school, Middle school was 200 and high school 1000.

That makes more sense and as far as senior school not really that much of a difference to my own. Must of been quite a culture shock as you stepped up to each new school.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As far as I remember it was only a few days, us country folk adapt fast 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Doomsday Book – laser disc edition’ is closed to new replies.