Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • The Donald just went full Trump
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I haven’t read all that. This article is pretty long, but quite interesting in its approach to the US relationship with fascism and the relationship between proper fascism and Trump.

America, thanks to Trump, has now reached that fork in the road where it must choose down which path its future lies – with democracy and its often fumbling ministrations, or with the appealing rule of plutocratic authoritarianism, ushered in on a tide of fascistic populism.

kimbers

On that count Trump was just saying what many French (certainly Parisiens) would

JAMBAFACT!

gonzy
    Free Member

There is some good news in all this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/04/katie-hopkins-us-president-donald-trump-leave_n_8718182.html

can we start an STW whip round to pay for her air fare?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Indeed @kimbers based on having a French wife and having lived there (here) for a year. Posting from Paris as a matter of fact. In case you hadn’t noticed the Front Nationale just polled the most votes in the regional elections with a strong anti-immigration stance. FN + Republican where 60% of the vote.

Not sure on what basis Hopkins thinks she’d get a US residency visa

Did @Northwind’s post dissapear ? I thought it made a lot of sense, you have to challenge Trump seriously

grum
    Free Member

I know this is pointless, but jambalaya – have you ever taken a look at a list of logical fallacies and thought about whether you might be guilty of some (or all) of them? Eg

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Jamba – would you go to longsight in manchester? toxteth in liverpool? Are these areas no go to you and your missus because they’re muslamic or because they are poor?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Indeed @kimbers based on having a French wife and having lived there (here) for a year

JAMBAANECDOTE/APPEAL TO ILL DEFINED AUTHORITY [THAT IS HIS OWN “EXPERIENCE”]

4/10

lemonysam
    Free Member

ndeed @kimbers based on having a French wife and having lived there (here) for a year. Posting from Paris as a matter of fact.

It’s nice that you have someone to share your echo chamber with.

kimbers

Indeed jamba, im sure I could guess who youd vote for in a French election!

Which part of Parisien beliefs is Trump articulating ? that there are parts of Paris beyond the rule of law, where the gendarmes feat to tread or that all Muslims should be barred from entering the country?
    Or are you once again just projecting your own prejudices onto the world around you?

Fwiw, the Parisien guy in my office, the next day said he was really glad that the immediate reaction of the French had been not to turn on all Muslims, he’d been to the bataclan many times and the girlfriend of his bandmate had escaped the edm gig.

nickc

What I do find fascinating is that the Second Amendment is treated as some sacred text that must never be challenged

Indeed, and yet, right there, in the name of it…Amendment…I think some folk need to look that word up.

gonzy
    Free Member

of all the shite that’s come out of his mouth…this has got to be one of the worst…
    Donald Trump Mocked For Creepy ‘I Would Bang My Daughter’ Ivanka Comment On ‘Daily Show’

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sorry, late to the party, but did he call for a Q’urantine?

wwaswas

[url=https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator]via Imgflip GIF Maker[/url]

konabunny
    Free Member

– would you go to longsight in manchester? toxteth in liverpool? Are these areas no go to you and your missus because they’re muslamic or because they are poor?

I think there’s a difference between “places I wouldn’t make a special trip to visit because they’re a bit rough” and “NO GO ZONES WHERE ARMED POLICE FEAR DECAPITATION”.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘The Donald just went full Trump’ is closed to new replies.