Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The Dishwasher…..
  • BermBandit
    Free Member

Who gets to fdrive it in your house? In mine the womenfolk are patently incapable of loading the bloody thing or understanding how it works.

Girls; its not a waste disposal unit. You cannot put stuff covered in left over food in it. It operates by spraying water over the contents, if you stack too much in it the water won't reach everything. Nor can you have items leaning on each other as this will restrict the flow of water. It is alo perfectly possible to fit a more than two items in the thing and meet these criteria. If you do these things and yer stuff comes our dirty it does not mean the machine is faulty.

And breath……..

sharkbait
    Free Member

My much better half loads the machine until it's full – then I reload it and there's still 30% space left 🙂

oh, and she hates unloading the cutlery, that's my job apparently!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Dishwasher angst, how sad.

I have put things on my dishwasher 'leaning on each other' and they have come out clean. Amazing huh. And if you put too much in and some of it doesn't wash you just put it in again next time.

'Girls; its not a waste disposal unit.'

With comments like that I'm surprised you actually live with a woman.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The Dishwasher…Who gets to drive it in your house

Well on my birthday I get to ride her, does that count?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You cannot put stuff covered in left over food in it.

But they recommend that you do not rinse things before loading. Remove left over pork chops yes, rinse off gravy no.

BermBandit
    Free Member

'Girls; its not a waste disposal unit.'

With comments like that I'm surprised you actually live with a woman.

Two actually…… so how should I address them then?

BermBandit
    Free Member

My much better half loads the machine until it's full – then I reload it and there's still 30% space left

Shes a lot better at it than mine is then.

she hates unloading the cutlery, that's my job apparently!

Answer is simple. Fork prong/long nail interface. Bloody painful from what I saw of it.

I have put things on my dishwasher 'leaning on each other'

But not when they have

left over pork chops

on them I'll wager!

So is it a boy/girl spacial awareness techy type thing, or have I just been conned (yet again) into being the dishwasher monitor??

AndyP
    Free Member

it's a machine. therefore it's the bloke's job. Learn to love it.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Me, because I have spatial awareness and a system.
    Well, I find it easy to pack anyway and there is a certain satisfaction to loading it so that you could fit no more in, but everything gets cleaned, efficient innit.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Ah now then don't get me wrong here, I likewise have the love of amming it full and getting 30% more stowage in there than any other human in the whole of Christendom could possibly manage.

The question is twofold, why can't the girls do it, and if we are accepting that they can't why can they neither leave it, or alternatively grasp the simple concept of not using it as a cross between a dustbin and a waste disposal unit?????

nickc

So let me get this straight your partner can't "load" the dishwasher, so in your frustration You "have" to do it instead… She's got you sussed hasn't she?

grievoustim
    Free Member

the classic is putting a pan in thats got lots of mash potato remains in

– cue glasses etc with a "baked on" layer of potato starch

I once caught my wife putting toys from the kids sandpit in the dishwasher

I quietly advised her that maybe that wasn't a good idea

"Its OK – I've rinsed them off" she says and turns it on

took me about 2 hours to remove the sand she had "rinsed off" from the inside of the machine

she also once put the rubber floor matts from the car in the washing machine –

sharkbait
    Free Member

she also once put the rubber floor matts from the car in the washing machine

😕 …………. so do I, is that wrong? They do come up nice 🙂

grievoustim
    Free Member

seemed like a very heavy load to me – bearings on that machine didn't last long (and couldn't be replaced) – a five minute wipedown with a damp cloth and some flash is good enough isn't it?

bassspine
    Free Member

a friend of mine washes motorbike crankcases in the dishwasher. His wife gets a bit upset if he mixes them with the cutlery but it doesn't do any harm.
    it's just a magic cupboard anyway…?

BermBandit
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    So let me get this straight your partner can't "load" the dishwasher, so in your frustration You "have" to do it instead… She's got you sussed hasn't she?

Nooooooooo!! let me try again!!

Ah now then don't get me wrong here, I likewise have the love of ramming it full and getting 30% more stowage in there than any other human in the whole of Christendom could possibly manage.

The question is twofold, why can't the girls do it, and if we are accepting that they can't why can they neither leave it, or alternatively grasp the simple concept of not using it as a cross between a dustbin and a waste disposal unit?????

Or put it another way I'm happy to do it, but they "Not her" cannot leave it alone and keep repeating daft things to do with the magic cupboard (i like that one…. i'm going to try the magic cupboard approach tonight)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The Dishwasher…..’ is closed to new replies.