Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • The Dirty Reiver – 200k Graaaaaavel ride, April16
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

fANTASTIC event. a Proper one. Thanks for all the smiles out on course, great event. Didn’t need to take anywhere near as much food as I did, Shout out to all the nice people on Kinesis bikes! I found 37mm Clement’s were great set up tubeless (only one puncture) but my single 40t ring was too small for some of the long descents!

Bring on the next one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye out for the K101 then, I’d like to return..

Date saved.

mikekay
    Free Member

I enjoyed that a lot more than i thought i would, the longest ride I’ve ever done off road is 60mile and 90mile on road. It was all so well organised and everyone was so friendly and helpful.
    Everything went well for me except due to my lack of knowledge about road type bikes i bought a bike with Tub’s and i only had one spare with me.
    My second puncture happened just as i dropped down to the reservoir leaving me with a 5 mile ride on a rear flat to the dam where i met the mobile mechanic but as he had no spares he offered me his MTB and i finished the last 8 miles on that.

munro
    Free Member

Awesomely well organised event and terrifically well marked and easy to follow. I completely underestimated the elevation and consequent pace that that forced. Some of those climbs seemed everlasting. Fell off on that super steep blip on the slate not long before the 135km bail point. The snow hit peak flurry at the get out – knees and hands were frozen so I bailed.
    More time on the bike needed and core/back exercises to strengthen up – lower back ache is the only physical memory but whenever I stop to think I’m replaying the ride like a film in my head.
    The Fargo was faultless and the fatter tyres were slow and comfortable mostly and allowed for silly smashfest descents which was the only time I went past people (who all caught me on the next climb on the CXers).
    Longest off-road effort for me so chuffed and chapeau to all the finishers – brave.

Graham_Clark

As others have said, awesome event, really well organized and signed – Amazing marshals throughout, and a free beer to finish.
    Just need to get faster on the climbs 😉

My shoulders today though… ouch…

richpips
    Free Member

Fell off on that super steep blip on the slate not long before the 135km bail point.

That was quite spectacular!

munro
    Free Member

Richpips – I hope it raised a smile for you and Tom after that slog that was just before! Mega well done for finishing.

gee
    Free Member

I just tried to go for a ride. Failed. Back home again 30mins later. Ruined.

paul4stones

Which swanky hotel bikebuoy? An hour and a half away must have been Matfen or Slaley?

boxelder

Plenty of reports/coverage on grit.cx

GregMay
    Free Member

I was just about to post that we’ve been dumping loads there 🙂

Beat me to it.

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘The Dirty Reiver – 200k Graaaaaavel ride, April16’ is closed to new replies.