Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The digital switchover!?
  • speaker2animals

Well had an LG digit TV for 3 years with built in roti tuned. Since the analogue shut down this week and irrespective of numerous refunds ny set is not working right.

I’m sure I know the answer but who is responcible for putting my £700 (when bought) right

If I change from any channel back to DTV all functionality is gone. REALLY not happy.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve got an LG TV, had it about 4-5 years, very happy with it, although recently the DTV channels have been very weak, but we have Sky HD so tend to watch everything through that anyway.

locally to us there are a number of big billboard ads with “retune on Sept 7th” and “retune on Sept 21st”.
    So I retuned on Sept 7th & the DTV channels are much stronger than they ever were before. There is an option to “lock” the channels which I tried on a few, didn’t seem to make much difference to the ones I hadn’t locked.

I’ll try again the 21st as the billboards suggest, but it’s looking promising

did you “save” the retuned channels?

speaker2animals

It’s not the channels that’s the problem. Menus, recorder, programme info. All gone. If I turn off then back on they all cone back. Change channel, knackered! Really not chuffed. And I’m young ish and fairly tech savvy. Bet the oldies will be REALLY happy if they have similar problems.

uplink
    Free Member

just go into the menu and find the option for a factory reset – do this and it should sort itself

andrewh
    Free Member

There’s bugger all on telly anyway, so you’re not missing much.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

You mean there are some backward places that haven’t gone digital yet? 😕

samuri
    Free Member

sounds like your telly is broke.

speaker2animals

Ta Uplink – I had looked at factory reset and sort of panicked cos it mentioned loosing user settings. Anyway after cracking the pin code with the 2nd of the 2 most obvious ones I reset.

So far it’s working better than it has done since last Thursday.

Cheers mate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The digital switchover!?’ is closed to new replies.