Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The difference a few weeks makes.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just a few weeks back there were loads of us about, everyone seemed to be riding or knew someone who did. It even started to feel like we were being accepted by the motoring public. But where has everyone gone? Was the summer of 2013 it? is this just a blip because it’s a bit wet out?
    Okay I did a friendly local sportive on Sunday, a few hundred turned up. Doing one this weekend and only about 30 have pre entered. Didn’t see a soul out whilst training after work last week and this week.

eyerideit
    Free Member

You should move to London, thousands cycle everyday – you never need be lonely again.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s just the weather though that will have a large effect.

Spent all our money on summer holidays etc .. now need to work a bit more to make it up again in time for Xmas, stay in and save just biking and using consumables costs money – though pittance I know, but it is that rough middle of the month spell where cash flow for the next two weeks start to rear it’s ugly head (not me – I’m paid weekly)

Everyone back to work proper, i.e. less taking time off.

Just darker in the mornings and evenings creates shorter days to squeeze the ‘same stuff’ into for those that don’t do night riding.

geologist
    Free Member

Lack of sunny warm weather, mud, and less daylight = severe lack of motivation

Its weird, I feel like im cheating on a lover, but The hearts not in it at the moment, 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

A good time to be keeping half an eye on the classifieds and ebay

oldgit
    Free Member

All good points, but they’re really were a lot of us about. I expected to see a few out trying to hold onto what they got over the summer.

oldgit
    Free Member

A good time to be keeping half an eye on the classifieds and ebay

I thought that last night, seemed almost morbid!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Were all working and thinking of other stuff having had a cracking summer.. Time for a kick back and relax.. 😀

geologist
    Free Member

Yeah your right, we had a great time over a great summer, you dictated my life for the last 5 months, now its time to enjoy my other loves for a few months! 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

we were out last night between Bradford & Leeds. only four of us but we met at least five* other groups over the next 2 hours

* or possibly fewer than five, but one or more of them more than once

takisawa2

You should move to London

Ooooh no. No. No. No. No.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The difference a few weeks makes.’ is closed to new replies.