• This topic has 20 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • the demo9 will fly again!
  • jedi

i have given my demo9 away to a 14yr old kid(nath) i been teaching to ride for the past 2 years.
    i’m off to build it for him in a bi then hopefully ride later . feels great to pass on stuff
    buzzing 🙂 🙂

boxelder

This sounds pretty uptight and shitty, but do you know his parents, or does your insurance cover you if he has an accident. I’m only posting it as a mate of mine sold a second hand bike and was successfully sued when the girl crashed due to poorly adjusted brakes. If you’ve taught him to jump and then he crashes and hurts himself on a frame you gave him….?

Good on you for passing the frame on though – I’m sure he’ll get loads of good use from it.

timbur
    Free Member

[bangs head on desk]

Good on ya Jedi.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I gave my old mongoose BMX away to a kid next door when I moved out, anoyingly I think it was better for park stuff than its replacement!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Nice one!

LoCo
    Free Member

Good work, it’s nice to be nice 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is this Nath the stupidly able rider from your photos?

Coyote
    Free Member

Good on yer Jedi.I hope he abuses it accordingly treats it right. 8)

soobalias
    Free Member

*waves @ nath and jedi*

(pssst, jam the rear brake up some, that’ll slow im down for a while)

jedi

just got back from a damp herts shore with him testing riding it. he is over the moon. i love seeing it back in the air 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nice one.

jedi

nathan riding it. bit blurred but you get the jist

video too
    nat and jedi

ampthill

I’m only posting it as a mate of mine sold a second hand bike and was successfully sued when the girl crashed due to poorly adjusted brakes.

out of interest how much did they pay out, did it go to court?

boxelder

out of interest how much did they pay out, did it go to court?

Not sure, but at least the cost of the bike and caused a fair amount of distress (caused by the fact that the guy was in the reatil business (though not bikes). This seemed to count against him. Jedi is in a related line of work, is he not?
    Wish I’d said nowt now, but working in schools shows you the best and worst of parents. If Jedi’s happy that he knows the family etc, then great. If not, it was just a word of caution. There are many parents, when confronted with an injured child, will look to place blame.
    The fact that the guy’s done something generous, and to feel good about, is all the more reason to make sure nothing nasty results.
    Keep banging your head on your desk timbur, but there are some people out there who don’t think like jedi does and I for one would hate to see him suffer for it. A quick phone call to check that the family is happy with the situation might be prudent.
    Just to clarify – good on you jedi. A lot of my spares end up given to kids at school.

ampthill

Its not the world we all hoped it was

but well done Jedi

jedi

im still buzzing. his old big hit was about to give up the ghost i reckon.
    frame, cranks,ceramicbb, hadley hubbed rear wheel…………… hang on he done me 🙂 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

That’s a very nice thing to do Tony, I bet you get as much out of it as he does.

I know you like to watch people learn, but what happens when he gets better than you? 😉

Cheers.

jedi

2unfit, he couldn’t ride 2yrs ago at all. he is gifted 🙂

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Karma bank top up.

Coyote
    Free Member

Nice pic!

jedi

maybe one day he will do the same for someone 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘the demo9 will fly again!’ is closed to new replies.