Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The Definition of Pain Suffering and Torture !
  • excitable1
    Free Member

So I’m here in the Lakes at the foot of one of my favourite trails complete with my FS ride, a bit of new kit that I’d been putting off buying until the sales kicked in and for once my family have come along to camp along side me.

Since yesterday evening it’s not stopped ferkin raining, I can’t even see Highstreet let alone ride it cus the ferkin cloud is so low and I’ve had the worst case of Tommy Grits all through last night and today.

The bike is still chained to the back of the car, I’m laid up on a slow puncutured air bed listening to the rain and the only thing my new jacket has been good for is keeping me dry on my quick dashes to the WC block.

I am sooooooo ferkin depressed !

racefaceec90

chin up eh 😉

meehaja
    Free Member

its the lakes. there is kendal mint cake, slow cars and rain. HTFU and ride in it, its not going away!

Pook

hebden was drowning today too. we jibbed off our ride.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Could be worst, you could be watching the x-factor

RealMan
    Free Member

Thought this was going to be a thread on Jens Voigt’s rest days.

d45yth
    Free Member

Get out in it! Most of the trails here are weather resistant…whereabouts are you staying? Hodge Close, Iron Keld and Loughrigg Terrace (Ambleside area) and The Borrowdale Bash (Keswick) are good all-weather rides.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Should have brought yer road bike. I went out for about 4 hours today and only got slightly damp. The weather was alrite. The new bike got shit up though. ITs an alrite forecast for tomorrow though.

AD

I’m watching the most fabulous sunset out of my window, watching light glistening of turbine blades (really – it looks gorgeous). The good news is that I live on the western side of the lakes – with a bit of luck it’ll stop raining where you are by the time its gets dark… 😀
    Seriously the forcast is good for tomorrow!

excitable1
    Free Member

Look I know its all good riding and I know its all weather resisitant and I’ll ride in most weather conditions… But riding with the squits, stomach cramps, dehydration and now the shivers… Errrrr no !

D45yth. Stopping at Pooley Bridge, and we’ve shared routes before and you’re right… All good routes that are weather proof. Sadly not in my condition. I’ll come back next week when all this bollox is over !

excitable1
    Free Member

Well, got up Sunday, weather had cleared, bit of an appetite, hearty breakfast. Quick trip planned on a boat with the kids, hit the trails in the afternoon.
    By mid day I was as sick as a dog again. I went to bed that night, fully clothed complete with waterproof bike jacket, torch in one hand and bog role in the other and after a night of sweat and shivers I woke up in the same atire.
    Now back at home. Kit all put away completely un used and now I feel great.
    Never mind those stories in the last issue of ST, that has got to be the worst ride ever !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The Definition of Pain Suffering and Torture !’ is closed to new replies.