Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • the defining pic from OSMM?
  • rOcKeTdOg

no really!, got about 300 rider pics uploading will post a link later (they’ll probably be asleep for a while anyway

hairy_hippy
    Free Member

Heh he, I think that is heading to be one of the most photographed signs ever..

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah, this will always win that particular accolade:

postierich
    Free Member

Did not take long for most people to be mincing it though, fast short cut with no up hill big **** up by the organisers!

gee
    Free Member

It was really fast! Great to blast down the slope and over the jump. Loads more fun than the downhill with the brakes on the whole time, followed by a short, sharp uphill!

brakeswithface

Was great fun getting air off all the little bumps whilst absolutely hooning it across the field!

rOcKeTdOg

this seemed the fun jumpy bit

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I think this was our teams most memorable pic!,Bless er,Ran the bike home in three peices at 3 am! and still managed a 1hr20min lap!

After crossing the line to a Huuudge cheer, she was advised removing both wheels would have been enough to count her lap!.

Well done to the KMB womens team (third place)

I was washing,and trying to fix bikes, 😥

but had a fantastic time!! 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

did they not dissasembel the steerer and re-lube it every 30 seconds?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

“did they not dissasembel the steerer and re-lube it every 30 seconds?”

😕

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sorry, humour fail 🙁

was trying to make a joke about MOJO’s idea that fox forks cant possibly fail unless you soemhow neglect to strip them appart ever few minutes.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

“did they not dissasembel the steerer and re-lube it every 30 seconds?”

I believe its a joke based on Fox’s silly service intervals.

zangolin
    Free Member

Hope you didn’t get hurt?
    Was it crash damage or did it just break?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Not really sure why the “Mince” option was quicker,and the harder section longer (with a steeper climb!) 🙄

GaVgAs
    Free Member

“I believe its a joke based on Fox’s silly service intervals.”

Ah I get it now,(Its been along weekend)thanks Kingtut 😆

Zangolin,She was a bit shaken but was riding again on another bike soon after,looks like a stress fracture caused by metal fatigue,looking at the end of the tube it has broken as though theres a flaw in the metal.

The star nut was 4 cms above the breakage point itself.

The headset was fully secure as I checked,and washed each bike on the hour.

She said it seemed to go as a result of braking hard,and falling into a rut,there was no big impact it just simply “went” under the frame.
    😥
    I think the crash/fall impact is unlikley to be a cause of the damage,shes not a big heavy rider and its a 16 ins orange,Fox 32s.

pjt201
    Free Member

king headset?

juan
    Free Member

king headset?

Looks like an FSA to me.
    Hope you’ll get a warranty on this 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

i like the way the smiley face on the stem is upside down in that pic -> 🙁

Bedds
    Free Member

I was at the transistion when she came across the line gaVgAs.. fair play to her, there was a lot of respect for her!!

Re: the ‘Mince’ option.. I rode the hard route the first lap and the lad I’d just overtaken ended up in front of me for the top of the final drop into the arena.. that was the last time I took the ‘hard’ route (which wasn’t hard really was it? just full on braking) I enjoyed the quicker mince option.. wonder what the pro teams opted for?

crazy-legs

wonder what the pro teams opted for?

They all went for the Hard option initially until about Saturday early evening when word got round, after that all the pros and about 90% of eeryone else took the Easy route (which was more fun anyway IMHO).

I don’t mind there being 2 options, in fact I think it’s great but the “chicken run” should be longer and/or slower than the Hard option. There was a similar feature at Catton, a drop in with a couple of sharp turns after it, the Easy route signposted missed out the drop but it also missed the bends and was therefore quicker.

rOcKeTdOg

there was a lot of ‘roadie tuck’ going on on the mince run and the final descent into the arena, amazing how rattly some of the bikes sounded on the bumpy hard ground aswell

DezB
    Free Member

there was a lot of ‘roadie tuck’ going on on the mince run and the final descent into the arena

Is this the ultimate roadie-tuck accessory? (Yeuch!)
    http://www.robcrayton.co.uk/osmm09/IMG_7176.jpg

stumpyjon

Well they weren’t allowed cyclocross bikes.

shinsplints

Tell me about it rocketdog – my stand out comment that someone hollered to me was “mate ,I’d take that Giant back,it sounds like a **** Marin”….LOL 😆

rOcKeTdOg

there was some excellent heckling from the guy with the loud hailer near the grass climb up the old area field-to a guy pushing his bike with a broken rear mech- “c’mon…you could still win it!!!!”

AdamM
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg, is there any chance you could send me a full size copy of that pic of the airborne Singular rider? It’s the team I was supposed to be ridign for this year, were I not awaiting imminent arrival of a newborn, and I’d love that for my desktop.

adammonline AT gmail DOT com

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

trickydisco
    Free Member

there was some excellent heckling from the guy with the loud hailer near the grass climb up the old area field-to a guy pushing his bike with a broken rear mech-

That’ll most probably be sheldona. that was the ashtonmtb camp

Anyone know the guy taking photos in one of the woods? As you came out of the twisty tree section after the 1st climb he had a sign saying something like ‘muddy bum.co.uk’ but i can’t remember the exact address

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg, is there any chance you could send me a full size copy of that pic of the airborne Singular rider? It’s the team I was supposed to be ridign for this year, were I not awaiting imminent arrival of a newborn, and I’d love that for my desktop.

adammonline AT gmail DOT com

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Adam, please email me (email in profile) or i’ll forget, Sam from singular wants to blog it too

Dougal
    Free Member

‘Easy route’ was indeed about 20s quicker, and definitely way more fun than the other option. One of our guys on his second lap noticed a larger-gentleman almost beat him by taking the easy option, so thereafter that’s what we did. Saved ~20s and a tiny bit of climbing, which is a significant saving on effort on sub 45min laps.

Awesome weekend, thanks to all the lovely exchanges while overtaking, we definitely couldn’t have made 2nd Open Men (4th overall) without all the nice people letting us past.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Its a Hope headset,but had a star nut in the steerer,Mojo have been great today and are keen to look into it apparently.

Hopefully its a warranty job, 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘the defining pic from OSMM?’ is closed to new replies.