Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Damned United
  • suburbanreuben
    Free Member

BBC2, now.
    Superb!

slowoldman

A colleague of mine was resident engineer on redevelopment of stands at Derby County in the 70s. He had some fun tales of Cloughy.

shermer75
    Free Member

Such a good movie! 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthegear
    Free Member

Best manager England never had.

Rachel

5plusn8
    Free Member

I concur, as someone who 100% knows nothing about footie, although I can understand and possibly even explain the OS rule. I saw this when it came out with a couple of footie mates who gave handy explainers. It is an ace film, Martin Charlie Matthew Mr Michael Sheen is an excellent actor and really you don’t need to know the round ball game to love this.

jamj1974

It’s a great film. Great storytelling and the actors are so watchable.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The book is fantastic, really sets out the man. Despite his flaws, you can’t help but like him.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Great watch but …. his family was very upset about it when they watched it before its general release. I do not know why?

gobuchul
    Free Member

I do not know why?

His wife was very upset by the swearing. Apparently he never swore in front of her.

Klunk
    Free Member

Back in the day, we had to work with most the top football teams in the UK and Europe. By far the most unpleasant, unfriendly, Nasty team to deal with was Leeds Utd.

fatoldgit

Nasty team to deal with was Leeds Utd

The original and still the best

” no one likes us, we don’t care ” team

M.O.T.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Another role where Michael sheen just owned it. Simply a phenomenal talent.

edlong
    Free Member

It’s a decent film, but as is so often the case, the book upon which it is based is, imho, better.

The book (and if you ever get the chance, the stage adaptation) focusses much more on the inner voice of the character than the film, which by the necessity of the medium I suppose, focusses much more externally.

I’m probably not explaining that very well, but in summary, if you enjoyed the film, it’s worth reading the book too, you’ll enjoy that also.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Damned United’ is closed to new replies.