Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Harvard supports the iDave diet
  • grum
    Free Member

Well kind of….

The quality of the food you eat rather than how much you consume has the biggest impact on losing weight, a study has found.

Diet also has a greater impact than physical activity, watching TV or sleep duration.

But focusing on calories alone was not the best way to stay slim, according to the scientists. The secret was to focus on the quality of foods, especially carbohydrates.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2007041/Dieters-told-Quality-food-quantity-counts.html

Not quite the same but the principles seem pretty similar to the iDave diet or a regular low GI diet.

iDave
    Free Member

for the record, I think the daily mail is a shite fest, no matter what it says about food

grum
    Free Member

I don’t think it even needs saying does it?

Sorry for associating you with it, was just a joke really 🙂

I mainly posted this to hopefully shut up all the people who go ‘here’s a tip for you to lose weight, eat less calories than you burn, simple!’

But focusing on calories alone was not the best way to stay slim, according to the scientists.

iDave
    Free Member

it’s still upsetting to be mentioned in the same thread as ‘that’ publication. i have a reputation to uphold.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahhhrrrghhh I hate the ninja editors.

I do.

Honest.

grum
    Free Member

it’s still upsetting to be mentioned in the same thread as ‘that’ publication. i have a reputation to uphold.

FIFY to prevent flouncing. 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What reputation? Your reputation has been shot to pieces since you had that night in Geneva with the shemale in the pink Bentley. It’s why I resigned as iDave Diet treasurer.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I honestly know nothing about the idave diet having not read any threads on it.
    is it really as bad as the dail mail?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s not a diet Junkyard, it’s a money spinning lifestyle.

grum
    Free Member

Ahhhrrrghhh I hate the ninja editors.

I do.

Honest.

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. 8)

(iDave dieter for four days and already lost a bit of weight btw – pretty much an XC whippet now 😉 )

derp
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Still stuck at 83 but my wobbles are getting worse and more violent.

Am I at my limit I wonder?

iDave
    Free Member

define worse and violent wobbles?

molgrips
    Free Member

Like being massively insatiably hungry and all tense.. and insurmountable cravings for carby things. And feeling crappy and tired.

Could be related to some other illness I suppose, or just lack of organisation with respect to always having legumes to eat.

But it was stacks easier in the first 6 weeks or so, cravings weren’t significant back then.

iDave
    Free Member

my guess is you’re so focused on losing more weight that you’re not eating enough. big portions remember, plenty of water, big cheat days and you’ll keep losing.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I should try bigger portions.. and I’ll have to bring beans to work because meat and root veg doesn’t seem to be enough.

My guess is there’s 3 more kg til I get close to the limit.

oddjob
    Free Member

I am 10kg down now and still fairly happy. I seem to need a huge amount of water with the diet and still suffer from cramps despite taking extra minerals (this is mentioned in the 4 hour body book too)

I guess that if I lose another 6kg I’ll be as skinny as I can be but at the moment I am at about 18% body fat

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I have just started me and the missus on this iDave regimen today, having read a load of old threads on it yesterday by way of research. 12 hours on a new diet with no lapses is pretty good going for me. Wish me luck!

So for all you that tried it about a year ago when STW was going mad for it, how many have fallen off the wagon?

Anybody lost weight on it and stayed lighter?

Anybody managed to bring about what I read to be its desired effects – a lasting change for the better in one’s eating habits?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve found it harder as the weeks have gone by – wobbling more, but not gaining any more weight. Still at 8-9kg down from when I started, or 10%.

It’s almost as if the less fat you have, the less inclined your body is to use it – but that’s completely made up by me and not in any way a claim of physiological knowledge 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Harvard supports the iDave diet’ is closed to new replies.