Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • The Daily Mail / Lego dilemma
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Daily Mail are giving Lego away this week. The downside is that you have to buy the Daily Mail to claim your Lego.

This morning I went into Morrisons to get my “paper” & Lego. On receiving my Lego I tried to give the “paper” away to the next bloke in the queue, he didn’t want it. So I gave it back to the nice lady at the kiosk and she put it on the pile of other discarded Daily Mails.

I was trying to think of a better use for the “paper” other than just asking the shop to throw it away. Can you still send crap to Farage for free?

The Lego is very nice BTW.

RustySpanner

Tell me about the Lego……

Jamie
    Free Member

Stop being a ponce, and just read it. You know you will be in about 20 years time, so might as well get acclimatised.

murf
    Free Member

Pop it in the recycle bin?

Harry_the_Spider

Today’s

There is a link to the offer on the Daily Mail’s website, where you can also find some long range pap’ shots of Madeline McCann’s mum on a beach, some Turkish blokes looking a bit shifty and a piece about how Austrian drag acts will have sex with your geraniums at British tax payers’ expense if this sort of thing is allowed to carry on.

timbur
    Free Member

It’s worth the cost of a wood burner to use the paper as lighting material.

teasel
    Free Member

Super Secret Police Enforcer looks like one crazy dude…

Harry_the_Spider

Super Secret Police Enforcer looks like one crazy dude…

He probably reads the Daily Mail.

RustySpanner

Do you have to claim the Lego on the day you buy the p***r?

Harry_the_Spider

Yis (while stocks last) or you can post the coupons off to the Mail and they will send it to you. However, this will put you on The List.

vinnyeh

Oh, is there a coupon inside the paper today?
    None in yesterday’s. Only checking because Smiths was out of Lego before midday, had a tearful wee lad. If there’s def a coupon, might pop out to find a copy of the rag.

Else can swap for a Spider-Man from yesterday, if anyone’s got a spare.

Harry_the_Spider

There is one in today’s.

Clover

I think you can get a free copy of the DM with your My Waitrose card when you shop… just thinking of ways not to have to give them your money.

Although obviously there’s The List. Invent an alter ego? Get it delivered to work?

‘Mr H. Thespydar?’
    ‘Yes, that’s, well, it’s my Daily Mail name. The H is for Hitler. It was the only way…’
    …snatches package from reception and runs….

teasel
    Free Member

He probably reads the Daily Mail.

Let’s face it, he didn’t really have a choice today, did he.

Poor bastard…

RustySpanner

Trousers.

I’m stuck in work ’till morning.
    I’ll phone the Mrs, she’ll be overjoyed to miss Crimson Fields for yet more Lego.

weare138
    Free Member

It was in The Sun a while back. It was a shameful experience buying it. “Can I have a bag please”.

slowoldman

You could stuff it down your shirt for those long cold descents or tear it into small squares to hang on a hook in the outhouse. Other than that it’s useless.

Harry_the_Spider

Invent an alter ego?

Today’s in store purchase was with my alter ego XenaWarriorQueen@TheJungle.com

tomd
    Free Member

read it? Although I think it might either cause and/or cure cancer depending on what week it is.

federalski
    Free Member

I like the Daily Mails crossword on the back page…

Northwind

weare138 – Member

It was in The Sun a while back. It was a shameful experience buying it. “Can I have a bag please”.

Buy a copy of Barely Legal and wrap it round the outside

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If you want the Lego, buy the Lego.
    If you don’t want to buy the Mail, don’t buy the Mail.

Is it really that hard?

RustySpanner

But I normally wouldn’t buy those Lego sets.
    I can put up with funding the Mail for a few days for lovely cheap Lego.

The alternative is to visit the local family who insist on flying the Union Flag on a huuuge flagpole in their garden.
    They’re bound to have it delivered.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I think I might have to keep an eye out for the freebie copies at work this week and collect the vouchers from them 😀

Northwind

Rusty Spanner – Member

The alternative is to visit the local family who insist on flying the Union Flag on a huuuge flagpole in their garden.
    They’re bound to have it delivered.

Also, they won’t want the lego because they’re a bit nervous around little yellow people.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it really that hard?

After looking at the pictures. Yes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆 @ NW

If you want the Lego, buy the Lego.
    If you don’t want to buy the Mail, don’t buy the Mail.

Is it really that hard?
    Oh too be so wealthy I could have principles

nuke

Given minifigures are £2.50, the Spiderman set my son got for the 90p price of the paper on Saturday was a top bargain…sod principles, I shall be visiting WHSmiths for my Daily Mail all next week

King-ocelot
    Free Member

When i was a student I worked in whsmiths. Daily mail were at the time giving away audio books of miss marple or foreign language courses. I used to just ask the customer if they actually wanted the paper and if not give them the cd, no purchase necessary.

It’s a loss leader.
    Just buy the paper for the free toy, then never buy it again.

Every now and then The Sun does a holiday voucher offer.
    Mrs MTG spends a few quid on newspapers for a week to get her cheap holiday, I read Hagar, then it goes in the bin.

surfer
    Free Member

You can wrap it up any way you want but given the lengths to which this website goes to, and many of its readers to avoid the Daily Mail so many of you are happy to give it your money for a toy.

Wiping your backside with the paper afterwards may be hilarious but you have contributed to the type of journalism many of you claim to detest.

convert

Take perverse satisfaction from placing a virgin and unopened DM in the bottom of the litter tray and allow tiddles to do his thing.

Every now and then The Sun does a holiday voucher offer.
    Mrs MTG spends a few quid on newspapers for a week to get her cheap holiday, I read Hagar, then it goes in the bin.

Did this once for ferry tickets. A ferry full of Sun readers….I guess it could have been worse and a ferry full of DM readers.

The lego – meh. Lego should be uniform standard blocks, not all this bespoke single use bobbins. It’s destroying creativity I tells ya!

leffeboy

just think of it as a double bargain. You get cheap lego AND you make them spend money on something you aren’t going to read. As long as you don’t open it this will work

you don’t open it?

do you?

really?

leffeboy

Take perverse satisfaction from placing a virgin and unopened DM in the bottom of the litter tray and allow tiddles to do his thing.

is the virgin really necessary for this? will the DM not do by itself

cliffyc
    Free Member

Super Secret Police Enforcer needs to get a decent nights sleep,check out his red eyes!!

Harry_the_Spider

UPDATE

I’ve got the perfect solution. A friend on my mum’s who takes the Daily Mail (to be fair, she probably pays for it) is saving the vouchers for me and we will apply for the Lego by post.

Double win. The DM don’t sell another copy at my expense and I get 7 Lego models for the price of a stamp.

Nobby

Wiping your backside with the paper afterwards may be hilarious but you have contributed to the type of journalism many of you claim to detest.

And you’ll need something to remove the ink stains from your posterior.

RustySpanner

Surfer. 🙂
    I’m sorry I’m not idealogically pure enough for you.
    Although to be fair, it’s usually the right that places greater import on such matters, so I can see why you’re getting upset.
    I buy the Telegraph too, but don’t tell anyone.

And as to Lego not being uniform anymore – it still is.
    Most of the fancy bits in new kits still connect with the standard shaped bits.
    So there.

convert

And as to Lego not being uniform anymore – it still is.
    Most of the fancy bits in new kits still connect with the standard shaped bits.
    So there.

Hmmm – there’s nothing in that photo on page one that’s couldn’t be made with a bunch of 6ers, 4ers and a stash of 8X1ers……..and a bloody good dollop of imagination! And I bet it comes with instructions!

RustySpanner

🙂

As for the expression on the policeman’s face, can’t be too long before we get some Douglas Adams based sets:

‘Listen Beeblebrox, I’ve had a tough day…….’

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘The Daily Mail / Lego dilemma’ is closed to new replies.