Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The daily good news thread
  • hooli

It seems there is far too much negativity everywhere at the moment, lets fill this thread with little stuff that cheers you up.

For me this morning – an email from Netflix telling me there is a new season of a series I really enjoyed. The scales showed I am a few kg’s down and I am out on the bike this evening.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

due to pollution and global warming a lot of people are going to get a free beach house.

DezB
    Free Member

Get rich quick scheme in Zambia: http://www.times.co.zm/?p=16390 😯
    (good news for hungry wildlife anyway!)

jekkyl

last night I got home from a night ride and put my hand to the pocket where my phone is kept *gasp* it wasn’t there! panic time, there’s no security on the phone and it signs in automatically to facebook, email, ebay etc, plus all the pics and vids of my little girl and of course the cost to replace the actual phone and all the faff to get a new on. What a goddam pita. I remembered that I stopped in a park and sat down on a bench so I got in the car and drove back there (4 miles away) ran from the carpark to the bench…………& it was still there. Hooray!!!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

It’s my weekend off, so biking then drinking lots of ale, married to the most wonderful woman in the world who loves menial tasks.
    Some of my family who havn’t spoken to each other for nearly 30 years after falling out have decided to put it behind them and are getting along great.
    I have a wonderful daughter who’s met a great guy and both are doing well at uni.
    I’ll avoid blathering on because to be honest it’s all good, in fact it’s going to be tough not adding more to this brilliant thread.

brooess
    Free Member

I found a new quiet (and hill-free) route for my commute

Oh, and I’m alive – which is always something to be grateful for 🙂

Houns

I have the whole of next week off, long range forecasts are looking favourable at teh moment*

*well that’s vexed that then

SamB
    Free Member

This made me smile when I saw it in the Wanted classifieds 😀

cheers_drive

The clocks changed at the weekend, the leaves are on the trees, and the flowers are in bloom. I love Spring 🙂
    Also after being made redundant last year I’ve made the plunge in to consultancy – so far I’m really enjoying it and I’m booked up for several months.

racefaceec90

i don’t live in london so no worries about Armageddon/invasive killer beetles/plague/sand from Tutankhamen/godzilla e.t.c e.t.c 😀

it’s all that’s on bbc news atm 🙄

i bought myself a new digital camera today also (bad guitar cover uploads here i come again 😀

jimoiseau
    Free Member

On-one sent me the wrong colour saddle. Just got an email saying they agree with me that sending free matching bar tape is easier and cheaper than me returning the saddle for replacement 😀

sandwicheater

Our one year old son didn’t cry for the first time when we dropped him off at nursery this morning.

A client dropped off some biscuits into my office just because I is nice.

legend
    Free Member

It’s lunch time.

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

It might sound strange to say I’m happy at finding nothing, but having been getting internally checked for the Big C this morning that nothing is much relief!

rwamartin
    Free Member

My son’s just passed his driving test.

somouk
    Free Member

I have tomorrow off and it looks like the rain might hold off long enough for a ride somewhere other than roads or canals!

Cougar

there’s no security on the phone and it signs in automatically to facebook, email, ebay etc, plus all the pics and vids of my little girl

So the good news is that you’ve now protected your phone and backed up all your data, yes?

fasthaggis

I came back from holiday to grey skies ,but our new heating has been installed without a hitch.So even though it’s going to be a crap ride home,the house will be toasty and I have a nice new gillet to test ride on the way back.

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a pint.

boxfish
    Free Member

Feeling under the weather, so consoled myself with a lunchtime Belgian Bun 8) nom

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Made a really good job of installing a rotary washing line on my newly-gravelled patio area.

I mixed up concrete and every fin.

derekfish
    Free Member

Got my warranty dropper post back and it came with a packet of Jaffa Cakes, +1 to Fisher for that needless pleasantry, and all the trails are now light dry and warm, God is in his heaven.

Houns

I have just found that my Alpkit frame bag that was made for my Voodoo D-Jab last year, fits my new frame almost perfectly!

Winner winner chicken dinner

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m off to get a cinnamon roll.

alibongo001

I start a new job on Monday!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

The sun is shining, I am out for a ride tonight, the trails are dry and I found out on Tuesday evening that after an unforced 8 week break from cycling, I am still surprisingly fit. I had been dreading that first ride thinking I would be blowing out of my hole. 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

I will have a very strong tailwind home. I usually have a headwind, heading towards the sea, across an open moor its never an easy ride home.

This week and last week have been a blast though. I’d take a battle into a headwind on the way to work every day for a tailwind home.

And no, it hasn’t changed direction.

toys19
    Free Member

I went for a bike ride at lunchtime. 8)

johndoh
    Free Member

Just heard from a lifelong friend that she is pregnant after many years of trying.

emsz
    Free Member

We deal with some difficult customers who’ve got some tight deadlines and rare bits of kit. Anyway… Got name checked by the boss when a client rang up a while ago and this morning a massive and I mean massive bunch of flowers arrived.

We’ve taken them down the road to the oldies 🙂 share the love a bit.

gazc
    Free Member

i’ve just eaten a custard tart i found in the fridge :mrgreen:

big_scot_nanny

I’m going out for a pint or 6 tonight with some friends, which gives me an official night off watching what I eat = pints, friends AND a kebab.

Get in!

Oh, and we got a new dog on Sunday, first one since our alst one died 7 years ago. Delighted!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ll play:

Programme at work running swimmingly and I’m very happy Bouy.
    Riding down South this weekend and I’m looking to try out my new carbon 40C wheels, catlike helmet, rapha winter top, freshly waxed legs.
    Car in for service and all’s well.
    Just about to go for a piss 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

rapha winter top

Is it now about 20degrees down south? Unless you live in somewhere like Wick and down south is actually Glasgow where its bloody freezing. Yes I’m sure you bought it in the sale and you’re desperate to wear it 🙂

Which catlike helmet? I’ve been looking at the mixino but the POC helmet is tempting me too.

sandwicheater

Wooooah! Hold up, big_scot_nanny has a new dog. Quick check and no new dog photo post.

I’m watching you son! You now what you need to do.

natrix
    Free Member

Discussing new road bike purchase with SWMBO, who suggests that if I’m thinking of spending £700-ish, I might as well go the whole hog and blow £1k on something a bit better!! 8)

Houns

He he he he sloths. 😆

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘The daily good news thread’ is closed to new replies.