Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The Cycle Show – NEC Worth going?
  • Travis

Thinking of driving up from Essex, and taking my 8 year old out to see lots of bikes etc.

Is it worth going?

FuzzyWuzzy

Been a few years since I went but if you like seeing lots of shiny bling then worth checking out, especially if you’re looking to buy something in the near term (inc. stuff like smart turbos where it’s probably a good place to be able to try some out).

lunge

I’ve been every year for the last 4 or 5 years and every year I vow I’ll not return. I’ve just bought my tickets for this year…
    It’s ok, there’s a few bargains to be had, there’s a few bits of bling to look at and it’s kind of nice just wandering around. So yeah, it’s a,right, but nothing more really.

plyphon
    Free Member

Kind of geeky, lots of stuff to nerd out about, lots of stuff you won’t get a sh*t about,

It’s alright if you’re into bikes and nerding out over bikes.

Kind of pointless affair if you’re not into bikes. Semi-pointless affair if you’re into bikes.

That’s my experience of these bike convention type days anyway.

Travis

sounds right up my street.

I’ll get some tickets.

jekkyl

is there any shows? like danny masgill type skills tricking off boxes and stuff…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

There was a couple of big half pipes there last year that were fun until someone stacked hard.

It’s not big enough for a day out but last year the motorcycle show was the other side of the corridor. Had to pay for both last year (got tickets for the bike one for free so no drama) but I heard a rumour hat one ticket will get you into both shows this year.

stavromuller
    Free Member
    Frankenstein
    Free Member

I want to go but none of my friends are into bikes 🙁

All by myself…

Hopefully you’ll get to test the bikes out on their track.

Me and Father had a few laps on e-bikes.

Great fun but go early and give yourself a couple of hours walking around. The cafe is ok…

iain1775
    Free Member

any better discount codes than BOARDMAN (13% off – £12)?

alpin
    Free Member

if it means leaving Essex for the day then it has to be worth it, right?

(assume you took the job in Grays, then…. how is life on the Essex Riviera?)

rOcKeTdOg

£15 to park 😯

lunge

£15 to park

Get the train. Drive to somewhere close with free parking and go from there.

shadowrider
    Free Member

I park at Marston Green station, free parking and only one stop from NEC. There’s a couple of races on Saturday afternoon, it’s worth a trip if you like bikes and geeky bike stuff.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It is really easy to get free entry. I said “I am from the Big Bike Bash, please let me in”. They asked to see the website and then gave me and my two friends free lanyards with no further questions.

It is fun to point and poke at the kit.

Take the train rather than parking.

Caher

NO – I went about 12 years ago and ended up subscribing to Singletrack at their stand. So many wasted days…

rOcKeTdOg

Two trains & return would cost more than parking. Ive got free entry so don’t want to actually pay anything! 😀

lunge

Two trains & return would cost more than parking

That’s why you park at a station close by and pay £3 return. Marstom Green being the obvious option.

cheers_drive

It is really easy to get free entry. I said “I am from the Big Bike Bash, please let me in”

A lot of representatives from the BBB will be attending this year 😆

Travis

@Alpin… yeah took the Job, then in July the company folded.
    Left us right in the p@@h.

Have a new job now (2nd week in) but will take time to recover from that.

I did start cycling to work, (20 miles) which was quite nice, still need to get out more.
    There is a lot of CX races around here, so I may go and have a look at that.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘The Cycle Show – NEC Worth going?’ is closed to new replies.