Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The Cycle Show, episode 2, ITV 4 20.00 tonight
  • project
    Free Member

Seems as if theyre doing a bit on downhill racing, and hopefully all the noisy ones behind the sofa will have been kettled somewhere else or just gagged by the Police.

unklehomered
    Free Member

😆

philfive
    Free Member

Was a bit better this time.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

This is how to do a bike show…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfRT9n1hdsI[/video]

dawson

didn’t see last weeks, but felt like it was too short – they could have filled an hour.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It felt really short this week.

project
    Free Member

A lot better, they invested in decent microphones, kettled all the ones behing and connected the to chairs to the mains, they where so quiet,the bike fit article was quite intresting,but failed when she wheeled out her newly set up bike with a huge carrier bag over her shoulder,and the presenter did actually seem intrested tonight in what people said on the sofa.

6 out of 10 to itv4.

evh22
    Free Member

I thought it was pants. So bad I nearly cried.

Too short, too many articles. The presenters are all boring (well, most bikers are really).

The mega article was rubbish. What’s their target audience? If you are thinking about doing the mega you’d know what a dropper post was FGS. Why didn’t they comment on the guy who won on a singlespeed belt-drive hardtail? Why didn’t they mention rachel and gee atherton. Maybe she was a bit stilted because she was bricking it about the race, reasonable, but film some of the stuff afterwards then. The camera shots were worse than most people’s GoPro.

The bits in london were equally crap, mainly because the presenters are soooo wooden. They spent more time swooning over spandau ballet and his ability to buy all the bikes in the world with all his easily earnt cash than on Eddy Merx. Again, totally wasted opportunity. Forget the celebs, if you have someone as great as Merx, have him on later in the series and devote the whole show to him!

Rant over. Will only watch it again if the only other thing on is TOWIE.

JPcapel
    Free Member

I am quite generous by nature, but would have to describe it as p.poor.

Even my wife commented that the presenters/guests appear to know nothing about bikes (Merx excluded from this comment who was genuinely interesting to listen to).

Commentator is poor to crap (not saying I’d do better) but think just about anyone could.

Piece on the mega some how came across rather flat and missed the obvious buzz that this race must create.

Having tried 2 go’s at this “I’m out”.

DezB
    Free Member

Unfortunately, I agree with the last 2. I’ll show my son the “bit” (christ, how short was it!) about the Mega, just for the start, but the rest of it was not of any interest at all.
    Describing Gary Kemp as “they don’t come much cooler” then him going on to describe how he got into cycling because he wanted to wear f^&*ing Rapha gear…. that is worse than TOWIE for me.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

according to iplayer it’s 22 minutes long . . .

portlyone

Kemp was a huge failure for me.

None of the pieces seemed to have a point they wanted making, except perhaps the 30 seconds with the charity.

Everything was just glossed over due to the length of the show. The Merckx bit was it’s one, slight, redeeming feature.

ART

Caught a snippet of this last night and while I kinda wanted to like it basically .. this

I thought it was pants. So bad I nearly cried.

the bit that really got me was the mega clip .. who was this aimed at? … nothing for the novice or the initiated either way, and it did nothing for women [if that stuff matters to you at all] having a fluffy blonde with ridiculous clothing – hot pants and body armour WTF – being totally clueless about pretty much all of it.

While I might give it another go, assuming there really is nothing else to watch …. it seems that trying to cover the full extent and diversity of cycling culture in mini segments of largely superficial content is not the way to go.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

hot pants and body armour

Really?

Goes off to iplayer….

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Much better than last week, but still pretty bad.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I flicked onto it while Kemp was on, and lasted about a minute. I’m not interested in why celebs got into cycling, and I didn’t want to look at the people in the background- why are they so close? The guy in the polka dot jersey had nearly as much focus as Kemp and the presenter.

muggomagic

A massive improvement on last week. If they carry on getting that much better over the next few episodes it’ll be a great show.
    I thought the bike fitting bit was quite interesting and the interview with Merckx was good. It is all a bit condensed though. then maybe if the feedback itv4 get is that it’s too short rather than its just terrible they might think about extending the next series to hour long shows rather than just pulling the plug.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I didn’t see last week’s but if this week’s was

A massive improvement on last week

then I’m quite glad to have missed it.
    I was really looking forward to the Mega article and I was so disappointed by it.
    There was so much that they could have included; the race format, the courses, a bit of footage from the more “interesting” parts of the course, the riders eg Athertons, Joe Barnes, etc.

Wasted opportunity.

franki
    Free Member

Much, much better than last weeks. I enjoyed the Eddy Merckx interview, the bike-fitting and Mega sections and had no problem with Gary Kemp.
    It really could benefit with being longer, as there’s no time for much content in each part and a few people could do with having a longer think about what they are going to say before the camera is turned on them! Very amateurish.

Still, on the bright side, it’s about bikes and therefore better than 90% of the utter crap that clutters the TV scedules IMHO.
    I’ll keep watching.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Toooooo many interviews. If I want interviews of ex pop start i would read smash hits or some other crap. I want bikes, I thought the fitting article was pretty good and the mega one was ok. I’m sorry leggyblonde but the interview was a bit wooden it was like somebody on blue peter who didn’t have a clue when asking about the seatpost. Clearly she knows a thing or two otherwise she wouldn’t be there so why do the producers make her act like she is a noob.

As for ‘Lady Velo’ she can get on her Pashley Princess and cock off.

muggomagic

I was quite taken with lady velo and will be subscribing to her blog.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Jools is ace…

8)

prezet
    Free Member

Twas shite – ****’ fashion cycling blog woman who rode a Princess. Give me strength.

GrahamS

It really could benefit with being longer, as there’s no time for much content in each part

+1 last weeks segment on cycle training could have been useful and informative, but it was neither. In fact it was almost entirely devoid of any information.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I thought it was ok, they have since tweeted that they are looking to extend the program which I think would help. I’ll certainly keep watching.

evh22
    Free Member

Gonna be an hour from the 13th of August. Will give it one more go before “I’m out”.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

they have since tweeted that they are looking to extend the program

…or given they are currently still working to a nominal 30min slot, cut the number of items and devote enough time to each one to do it justice and make it work?

bland

Id say keep the comments coming, any producer looking for feedback will find it here first as STW always comes up top on google as its the font of all knowledge as we all know.

I t has potential but they need to learn fast. If you are into cycling you will only watch it if there is something on worth watching and learning from, if you are not or are just getting in to it then your only going to watch it if you have a passing interest and want to be educated, its not like anyones going to watch it for a passing celeb of yesteryear. How often do we get to see Gary Fisher or Eddy Mercx on TV!!! Give them the glory instead and let us sit and listen to what they have to say.

They do need to extend it, its a cheap programme on a cheap channel so i cant see that being a problem. 1 hour split into 3 or 4 segments just like top gear does. They have the timing model for the segments split perfectly so dont try reinvent the wheel and all that!

There is so much content available as its not been done before they would be idiots to screw it up.

Brian Rourkes Bar/pool room would be a better setting though IMO!

GrahamS

Id say keep the comments coming, any producer looking for feedback will find it here first as STW always comes up top on google as its the font of all knowledge as we all know.

Well they have a facebook page and twitter account if anyone would like to be a bit more direct with their comments:

https://www.facebook.com/thecycleshowtv

rOcKeTdOg

Missed it, thank goodness for that

Trampus
    Free Member

Fuller version of Eddy’s bit.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjPqprYPyjc&feature=youtu.be&a[/video]

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I thought about it but watched countrywise instead.Have been told it was better than last week which i watched mind that would not take much.Might give it ago next week. 🙄

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘The Cycle Show, episode 2, ITV 4 20.00 tonight’ is closed to new replies.