Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • the crew (ps4/xbox one/360)
  • racefaceec90

have been playing it (360 version) since wednesday).

i have to say that i think it’s bloody amazing tbh 😀

just drove from miami to seattle (in my standard spec merc amg black car) and with a few stops for finding car wreaks,it took me 53 minutes (giving it full beans for nearly all the way too 156mph on flat).

i know that plenty of people have slagged the game off,but i have to give credit to them for making a game like this (especially on 360 too).and it doesn’t look awful either.

hopefully the issues with the servers will be sorted (as it is really quiet online atm).

adamski2112 if you wanna hook up and jam/drive dudes 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUbfdfBPk[/video]

p.s i got the game for £20.00 at amazon (thanks to my friend for buying it for me/am going to pay him back i’d like to add).

tomhoward

Google maps says you averaged mach 3.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I fancy getting this on ps4.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve got it on PS4, no idea what the other versions are like.

Overall, a bit meh.
    Graphics are nowhere near what I’d expect for a next gen console. No better than those on a PS3/360. Actually, they’re worse.
    The physics are pretty ropey. Compare the driving to Forza 4 or even GTA V say and it’s laughable.
    You can be going full tilt, hit something immovable or a non-player car and you just bounce off and often keep on driving like nothing happened.
    The police chases are ridiculous. If one gets in front of you, it’s over, the police car just stops and you stop too.

There is a huge amount going on when you’re driving, massive amount. I’m not saying this is a bad thing but there’s points racking up down by the speedo, there’s notifiers of where everyone else in the game is, there’s these challenges all over the place which is fine but if you’re going somewhere and go through one by accident it takes over the screen, you can’t cancel it and carry on till it times out. And god forbid if you level up while you’re doing something important. The ‘You’ve leveled up!’ screen fills your entire vision and you can’t quickly get rid of it. Massively annoying.

Where it’s really let down though is this crew stuff which is sad because that’s what it’s supposed to be about. If you team up with someone (and the default when you start a mission is to team up rather than do it solo), you’re linked to them forever unless you kick them off your crew manually. If other people try to team up with you they can’t because you’re already in a team but you don’t find out till after they’ve failed. And if you team up with someone for one mission, they’re always there then on your screen unless you get rid of them. And when I say always there, I mean you have to listen to them breathing heavily down their headset or shouting at their wife to get them another beer. You can mute them by opening up the phone, going to your crew, finding them in it and muting them but obviously the manufacturers felt this should only be a temporary setting so suddenly there’s this nasal snorting filling the room while you’re trying to nail a sweet jump.

It’s all just a bit, amateur.

All that said, it’s OK. If you like driving games it’s certainly the best the PS4 currently has to offer and it is a game you can just turn on and have a bit of fun with, you know, if you can live with the horrendously long loading times every time you look at the map and stuff.

tomhoward

Everything samuri said is true.

ashweee
    Free Member

I’m tempted to get the crew but I’m a little concerned by how fast the price has dropped! The reviews of it are really mixed too which doesn’t help.

Anyways I’ve got driveclub which is my go to driving game at the moment.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Being new ps4 owner I’m loving it but the only thing annoying me is a good driving game . Thanks for the review it has made me think again !

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Need for Speed in PS4 is awesome. I love driving around in my Mustang.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I will look it up cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘the crew (ps4/xbox one/360)’ is closed to new replies.