• This topic has 125 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pfunk.
Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • The countdown has begun (Ultra White Collar Boxing content)
  • deepreddave
    Free Member

pondo – Member
    ….. the bottom line is you’re gonna try and knock out someone who will be trying just as hard to knock you out

I was a full 5% towards thinking about it until this bit ^^^
    If only it was me trying to hit them and them just trying to not get hit.

pondo

Might sound daft, but I found not being hit just as fulfilling as hitting. You learn in sparring that getting hit hurts, I stopped much more painful stuff in sparring than I did in the fight. 🙂

kojn
    Free Member

Here you go guys:

My fight, go easy haha 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1syrXLVEzGw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

i’m impressed more action in those 3 rounds than the mayweather paquiao fight. Red moves well and had a nice variety of punches. Blue had great heart had took a few for his trouble. Good effort! I’d still be running aways shouting not the face

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Holy Thread Resurrection! On my way home from boxing training tonight and remembered I didn’t check back to this thread to see how you got on. Well done the both of you!

Went to a new boxing group today and paired up with a guy who was training for a UWCB match at the end of March and after a few rounds of sparring I was thinking that I could easily kick his butt so maybe I should sign up for one! Roll on 10 mins later when I get paired up with someone else who’s probably 3″ taller and a good 10kgs heaver than me and had a pretty severe look on his face. He was pretty wooden in his movements and I could easily see his jabs coming, but I dropped my guard after throwing a jab and BAM! Full on jab in the nose which made my eyes water and next thing the coach steps in as it’s bleeding. Stopped it and then 10 mins later we’re doing piggy in the middle (take it in turns in the middle and do 30 seconds sparring with each of the other 6 guys/gals). Matey boy comes in again and I stiffened up with nerves and BAM! Another full on jab in the nose which led to me having to stop as it properly exploded with claret everywhere! All over my shorts, all over his gloves and I even had some in my hair! Didn’t hurt so much this time but he looked pretty worried and apologised at the end..

I’ve always thought that a UWCB could be fun and started off this session feeling confident I could do OK, but not so sure now sat here nursing my nose with a cold beer! I’m 6′ and haven’t sparred against anyone much taller than me before and it was a bit of an eye opener how advantageous long reach can be, and how important it is to get your guard back after throwing anything.

Think he was fairly experienced and I assume most people doing UWCB aren’t, but I wouldn’t fancy being paired up against someone like that.

pfunk
    Free Member

Hi all,

I came across this thread after a Google search and I wanted to let you all know I found it very interesting and useful, so thanks for sharing.

I’ve been training for two weeks now for a UWCB event in Essex that takes place in June. I’m 36, male, and not in great shape, but it’s been a very good experience so far. The training is bloody painful, of course, but I feel like I’m gradually picking up the techniques, etc.

We haven’t sparred yet, so I’m intrigued to see how I’ll get on with a moving, violent object in front of me.

I’m certainly going to implement some of the tips people have given here, so thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘The countdown has begun (Ultra White Collar Boxing content)’ is closed to new replies.