Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The cost of Niche?
  • palmer77
    Free Member

Given the many threads on here regarding bespoke paraphernalia, what is the true cost of each of the most niche possessions you can find for every element of life and what is the collective amount? For example, the axe thread etc

qwerty
    Free Member

Que ❓

footflaps

what is the true cost

What units are we talking here, money or human souls?

CountZero

You are kaesae and I claim my £5/your soul.

palmer77
    Free Member

Money I guess, for example what’s the most niche watch, bike, axe, wood burner, phone,computer, coffee machine etc

mikewsmith
    Free Member

£7.48 but less if you can get in first

footflaps

£7.48 but less if you can get in first

Some of use can only dream of affording £7.48….

yunki
    Free Member

I reckon normal life costs about £35..
    But for the full niche version you’d have to times that by 4.5..

Conversely, the budget life costs about £23.77 and a full anti-niche can be had, indeed should be sought for less than cost, excluding outlay and consumables

parkesie
    Free Member

Beards are free.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

parkesie – Member
    Beards are free.

You say that

parkesie
    Free Member

Ginger beard now thats niche

epicyclo

£42

ianv
    Free Member

$1599 a pair if you want to be uber niche.

yunki
    Free Member

ok… I’ll start the ball rolling..

We’re gonna need a decent niche pen to write this list, and I reckon somewhere around £1k is a fair price for a good, no frills pen..

although I quite fancy this understated hand made pen by the Nakaya Fountain Pen Co. at $15k

ianv
    Free Member

Then you will need a nice piece of paper:

$13,750 a sheet 😮

andyha
    Free Member

And this to put in the pen Ink

CountZero

If you want a pretty niche axe, with a beard, then there’s the Gransförs-Bruks Scandinavian Bearded axe, for hewing timber planks, shipbuilding, etc. about £180, or thereabouts.
    http://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/products/gransfors-ancient-axes/gransfors-two-lugged-beard-axe/

Very nice tool, but a bit too niche for me. Still want one, though.

palmer77
    Free Member

Wot about niche, expensive and utterly frivolous?

This perhaps?

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

If you want a pretty niche axe, with a beard, then there’s the Gransförs-Bruks Scandinavian Bearded axe, for hewing timber planks, shipbuilding, etc. about £180, or thereabouts.

Good lord! That’s beautiful … I want! 😆

footflaps

You can’t buy niche – that’s just pseudo niche, for people with money who think spending it on stuff makes them niche. Real niche just comes from being niche – it’s a state of mind thing….

seavers
    Free Member

You can’t buy niche – that’s just pseudo niche, for people with money who think spending it on stuff makes them niche. Real niche just comes from being niche – it’s a state of mind thing….

I could not agree more. Some people just have a sense of style, an abundance of creativity and embrace different ways of thinking and solving problems.

Any douche with more money than sense can buy a 10K hammer with a nice handle.

yunki
    Free Member

oh really..?

we’re actually gonna talk about this like it’s a tangible quality worthy of acclaim..?

palmer77
    Free Member

Ok, forget the money thing. I guess people can buy ‘niche’, but who are the nichemongers selling their Peruvian smokes chinchilla socks to the devil?

footflaps

we’re actually gonna talk about this like it’s a tangible quality worthy of acclaim..?

There’s no need to get all bitter and jealous, just because you’ve realised that all that money spent on tattoos of chainrings on your calf and a hand made steel single speed hasn’t made you niche…

😉

yunki
    Free Member

I tore out my beard in frustration when I realised my mistake.. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And then the niche dies….

ourmaninthenorth

I’ll see your Gransfors-Bruks and raise you a John Neeman.

[video]http://vimeo.com/37360333[/video]

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘The cost of Niche?’ is closed to new replies.