• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by aa.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The cold weathers gonna be here in a few weeks, what winter clothing?
  • scunny
    Free Member

Personally, i’ll be after a skull cap and some long bibs. Gonna go for something Merino for the hat, i’m not too bothered what it is, probably Endura etc. I’m not sure about the bibs, again maybe Endura but i’ve also seen some reasonable Pearl Izumi ones on ebay. Any recommendations? (btw, it seems i ride 80% road now, if that changes things)

What will you lot be buying?

One thing i’ve never considered is over shoes, the only time my feet ever get that cold is if i bound through a puddle when riding XC. Seem to keep my feet fairly toasty otherwise.

druidh
    Free Member

I got some Endura Equipe bib-tights last winter. They have the waterproof “stealth” fabric on knee/shins and seat so you stay reasonably dry.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ll be rocking a gore jacket and endura singletrack trousers with some goretex socks most of the winter 🙂

Tom83

Long sleeved englas shirts £9.99 at jjb 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Endura is top quality, ultimately very cheap, after a few years of use!

crikey
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy anything made by Endura after buying 3 pairs of their socks. Socks are not hard, they are not a difficult fabric related problem, they do not present a challenge to most cycle clothing fabricators, but these were the worst socks I’ve ever had the misfortune to purchase…

Go Castelli; great socks.

RoterStern
    Free Member

For the deepest winter months I have been using the Pearl Izumi amFib bib tights. The front of them are water repellant/windproof and they keep my legs toasty to around -20 degs.

dasilva
    Free Member

‘Beater vest and flip flops.

Seriously – my theory is; if you want to develop any resistance to the cold now’s the time to resist tooling up.

simondbarnes

Legs – Castelli Fluido Nanoflex Bibtights.
    Top – Castelli Trasparente wind jersey on slightly milder days, Endura Windchill or Stealth when it gets colder / wetter.
    Feet – Endura road overshoe
    Gloves – Specialized Deflect or Sub Zero

simondbarnes

Edit – double post

Gorehound
    Free Member

When it’s coldest I wear altura dryline trousers,long sleeved base layer,alture kinetic jacket,altura nightvision winter gloves and lake winter boots. I have spent most of my life outdoors working, shooting etc.

shortcut

Shimano winter boots
    Defeet Woolie Boolie socks
    Endura bib 3/4
    Waterproof or softshell baggies
    Endura baa baa merino ls vest
    Softshell jacket either Endura or Gore, or club EnduraWindtex

If it is really cold then a very old Pace Winteractive top and some Endura Freestyle full length trousers.

Buff under the helmet.

druidh
    Free Member

I bet you are.

footflaps

I pretty much only buy Endura or Gore Bike wear, both seem to make really well designed, long lasting kit. My only exception is the Altura Night Vision stuff, which I use for commuting in winter.

stratman
    Free Member

Gore phantom, endura baa baa and singletrack trousers

ton

singletrack endura keks
    merino base
    ciocch made to measure jacket
    5/10 exum guide boots

aa
    Free Member

i must be nesh, i’ve already been wearing oversocks in the morning.. 😳

when it gets proper cold i’ll be wearing assos prosline tights and a gore phantom jacket and lidl gloves!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The cold weathers gonna be here in a few weeks, what winter clothing?’ is closed to new replies.