Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • The Classified Forum lately.
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

FFS…..how many times has this been discussed? **** loads that's how many.

If some knobber want's to post an ad with ridiculous prices then let them. They just won't sell. The biggest pain in the ass I think is that popular ad's disappear off the bottom of the forum in a couple of hours and the ad's forum fills up with ad's for overpriced tat.

If the forum returned to the old practice of ad's that were responded to went back to the top and the practice of "bumping" ads was not allowed then the tw4ts who post ridiculous ad's will get the message that overpriced stuff doesn't sell. Also there should be a limit to how many times you can repost the same ad….an ad for a Planet X Hammerhead springs to mind.

I've sold a lot of stuff on here and given away a fair amount too where it's not worth selling and someone needs it and it's just lying in my spares box never to be used.

Putting controls on any forum can be dangerous and very limiting to those that want to sell their stuff so STW shouldn't be too draconian or people will stop using it and it's worth bearing in mind that the person who joins to sell some kit may just become a worthwhile member of our community so we should put them off too much or this will end up a site with the same old names and the site will eventually pass into history.

Just my rambling thoughts before my ride today…..if it stops raining

stompy

bearing in mind that the person who joins to sell some kit may just become a worthwhile member of our community so we should put them off too much or this will end up a site with the same old names

Quite right, those same old names who think they own place and spend more time on here than actually riding their bikes that they talk up so much.

Funny how it's those same old names who always seem to be the ones moaning about how 'it's not like it used to be' and 'I prefered it when it was only me and two other people here because I had higher odds of winning the petty arguements that I started cos my life is so empty…..' 😕

Bit far maybe, but get over it……..

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I can't see why wanting to have a discussion automatically makes you a "moaner" who needs to be policed.

STW is a small, discrete comunity, it's not ebay. Its where like minded entusiasts would sell things sensibly to other likeminded people.

The "discussion" and not a "moan" is the present tendency of non community minded people seeking to impose their values on selling overpriced tat, on people to whom the forum is a community.

Anyone can try to sell overpriced tat,its their product, but the "discussion" is that is STW, a small, closed community the right place, for these "outsiders" to come in, add nothing, and not uphold the commnity "ideals"?

"Why can't the idiots use ebay like everyone else?" seems to be the unspoken sentiment, given their ads interfere with the people who want to do a like minded cyclist a "deal".

I don't think raising these issues makes you a moaner, but to be honest, STW ads are free, and appear to be being abused by people who are not community minded, looking to effectively "rip off" those who are. I don;t think thats a bad thing to discuss.

soobalias
    Free Member

i just laughed my socks off.

FS Ideal Mtb vehicle!

an audi a4.

Junkyard
    Free Member

were you hoping for a Diesel Octavia estate ?

rOcKeTdOg

isn't an ideal mtb vehicle a mountainbike?

timc
    Free Member

M5 touring is… Vans are snide

Northwind

I just get right in with an offensively low counteroffer 😉 works more often than you'd think, and since the original ad's so silly you tend to get very little competition.

oxnop
    Free Member

i just laughed my socks off.
    FS Ideal Mtb vehicle!
    an audi a4.

isn't a a4 avant with roof bars an ideal mtb vehicle? I thought it was when I bought it and untill we bought our van as a second vehicle which is purely for MTB'ing it was fantastic.

Get 4 bikes on roof or 4 bikes in back- comfy, quick and safe?

For the record Avant = estate

C*ck

psychle
    Free Member
    woffle
    Free Member

Also there should be a limit to how many times you can repost the same ad….an ad for a Planet X Hammerhead springs to mind.

He's back again, still plugging away for his £400 – didn't realise it'd been 8 months!

User Activity
    Recent Replies

1. FS: Planet X Hammerhead mtb – User last replied: 10 hours ago | No replies since
    2. FS: Planet X Hammerhead mtb – User last replied: 1 week ago | No replies since
    3. FS: Planet X Hammerhead MTB – User last replied: 1 week ago | Most recent reply: 1 week ago
    4. FS: Planet X Hammerhead Mountain Bike (XC/Freeride) – User last replied: 2 weeks ago | No replies since
    5. FS: Planet X Hammerhead Mountain Bike (XC/Freeride) – User last replied: 3 weeks ago | No replies since
    6. FS: Planet X Hammerhead Mountain Bike (XC/Freeride) – User last replied: 1 month ago | No replies since
    7. FS: Planet X Hammerhead Mountain Bike (XC/Freeride) – User last replied: 1 month ago | No replies since
    8. FS: Planet X Hammerhead – User last replied: 1 month ago | No replies since
    9. FS: Planet X Hammerhead MTB (XC/Freeride) – User last replied: 1 month ago | No replies since
    10. FS: Planet X Hammerhead MTB (Freeride/XC) – User last replied: 1 month ago | No replies since
    11. FS: Planet X Hammerhead MTB – User last replied: 1 month ago | No replies since
    12. FS: Planet X Hammerhead MTB (Freeride/ XC) EBAY Auction ending in hour. – User last replied: 2 months ago | No replies since
    13. FS: Planet X Hammerhead MTB **Great for Freeride, XC etc.** – User last replied: 3 months ago | No replies since
    14. For Sale: Planet X Hammerhead Mountain Bike – User last replied: 5 months ago | Most recent reply: 5 months ago
    15. FS: Planet X Hammerhead MT Bike – User last replied: 5 months ago | No replies since
    16. FS: Planet X Hammerhead MTB – User last replied: 5 months ago | No replies since
    17. FS: Planet X Hardtail MTB **Great for use as XC, Freeride, All Mountain etc.** – User last replied: 6 months ago | Most recent reply: 6 months ago
    18. FS: Planet X Hardtail MTB **Great for use as XC, Freeride, All Mountain etc.** – User last replied: 6 months ago | Most recent reply: 6 months ago
    19. Planet X Hammerhead Mountain Bike **Awesome Bike for XC, All Mountain, Freeride – User last replied: 6 months ago | No replies since
    20. For Sale: Planet X Hammerhead Mountain Bike **Great Bike** – User last replied: 6 months ago | No replies since
    21. FS: Planet X Hammerhead Bike – User last replied: 8 months ago | No replies since

uplink
    Free Member

Hardly a day goes past lately when someone or other isn't posting about non-delivery of parts/disappearance of seller

uplink
    Free Member
    Mark

But add some perspective…

Look at the quantity of ads that are posted THEN look at how many queries about a sale are posted

uplink
    Free Member

True – it just seems that every day brings another worried buyer out to complain though
    It certainly makes you think more than it used to when buying stuff

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘The Classified Forum lately.’ is closed to new replies.