Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • The "Cheer Ton" up ride – The aftermath
  • Fishd

According to numerous sources on the internet (so it must be true / untrue / government propaganda / the divine will of the FSM) Gary Barlow, once famous, bought a large house in Cheshire… it never really specifies where… he then went on to buy Delamere Manor (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?ftid=0x487afb1ca8f7892d:0x7c01760cdd6dffd1&q=delamere+manor&hl=en&sll=52.37482,-2.396854&sspn=2.070552,0.546467&ie=UTF8&ll=54.001312,-5.932617&spn=0,0&t=h&z=7) …. which he sold several years later for a whopping profit. In fact, I think it’s on the market now for sale or rent (http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-33442670.html)

However, I can’t find evidence that the house he bought is the disputed one (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=53.255806,-2.699694&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=6.881357,14.941406&num=1&t=h&z=19)

Sources: Abridged extract from My Take by Gary Barlow on the Daily Fail website.

curlie467
    Free Member

The take that member who lived in plumley was either Jason or Howard.

Sorry i couldnt make it (kids party) but glad you all had a good ride out!, Weather was fab.

binners

Really sorry we never made it folks. We were bogged down in a whole world of faff, moving house. Looks like you had a blinder though. Nice day for it too

nbt

Bloody hell Binners, even Hora made it. Mind, he slipped off early, as usual

hora
    Free Member

After 2.5hours is not early. Some of us have a 15month old to entertain 8)

MrSmith
    Free Member

Bloody hell Binners, even Hora made it. Mind, he slipped off early, as usual

is he still using “i have to go to John Lewis” excuse?

mtb’s were 100mm max travel and everyone used vert-pro’s the first time he used that excuse.

nbt

he just disappeared, no excuses given 😉

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

yeah thanks for showing us the trails guys.really enjoyed it.would probably have gone in circles on fire roads without the local knowledge from local people.
    we will sort something out in sunny lancs soonish

mart

hora
    Free Member

I said bye to 5 people and shook hands. TBH I may have been swayed and stayed if I’d remember to bring some money as I didn’t fancy sitting there whilst you all munched at the food break. 🙁

Next time -could we ride that ravine thing? 🙂

binners

So, to summarise:

Hora in ‘dog ate my homework’ style excuse shocka

followed by

Hora in “I appear to have come out without my wallet” shocka 🙄

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I didn’t even realise I was in the company of hora… 😳

It was only when NBT pointed out he’d bailed..

hora
    Next time -could we ride that ravine thing?

No brains?

Yeah, of course you can fella- there are far better decents tho’… 😉

hora
    Free Member

? I thought a social/relaxed pace would be circa upto 3hours hence I only packed my side pockets for stuff!

Anyway, at least I showed my face binners 😉

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I can confirm that there was indeed a whole world of faffing by Binners on his move over to Ramsbottom. Sorry to have missed it I was looking forward to meeting everyone I haven’t as of yet!

Bunnyhop

The take that member who lived in plumley was either Jason or Howard.

That may also be the case.
    But I know for a fact that Gary lived in the very large house by the station (with indoor swimming pool) because I made the curtains for the lady that bought it from him.
    Cough – I need to get a life.

Can I just say that ‘Ton’ was indeed cheered up but nearly had a heart attack in the process (only kidding).

tthew

Can I just apologise now for the Gary Barlow thread hijack. If I’d have known, I’d have started a brand new thread, and it would have been the most popular I’d ever begun. 😳

anyhow, I’m still convinced this is the place, or at least one of them. His brother still has a roofing contractors place next door.

rOcKeTdOg

At least two VeloCakers in attendance but no pictures of cake?? Shocking!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    At least two VeloCakers in attendance but no pictures of cake?? Shocking!

Yeah, sorry about that RD…

I’m off the cake.. 😐

nbt

Yeah, but the cake (the BFOs brought by GraemeJones) were bloody lovely. There’s a picture of them on the original thread. Man, but that guy can bake

stevemakin

I had my cake before the ride started, and then some more on the way home, and then some more when I got home, 74 miles that day, I earnt my cake 🙂

GRAEMEJONES

nbt,Thanks very much 😉 the BFO’s might be on the cards again! I’m up for the TJ ride on the 13th if I’m allowed. I can bribe people with aforementioned BFO’s and Carrot Cake if need be. 😀

tthew

If any of you are still looking at this thread, I’ve posted the promised video up here

Mackem

Cheers for the ride people, I buggered off half way round as I had family crap to do. As for the Wirral lad offering to meet up again, havent had internet till now, so nothing organised. Cheers for the offer though. Some nice bikes there too. Apologies for my squealing rear brake.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘The "Cheer Ton" up ride – The aftermath’ is closed to new replies.