Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • The Cars of Youth
  • epicyclo

I really really wanted one of these

Northwind

My grandad had a HC Viva, I would absolutely love one of those today. Learning there was an aussie version with a smallblock v8 in it got my attention.

And I had a matchbox volvo 480 which I loved, for some reason. Great shape

Frankenstein
    Free Member

My old man had one of these:

Lusted after:

pondo

My freelance mechanic cousin took me for a test spin in a Renault 5 Gordini Turbo back in, ooo, I’m gonna say about 85 or 86 or so. Not quick by today’s standards, looks like a mk 1 Renault 5 so not pretty – but if the lottery numbers come good, I’m having one as an eighties Q car. 🙂

Edit – dad had a couple of V8 P6s, so that’d be my seventies Q car. 🙂

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Maserati Ghibli, not the new one, not the old one but the early nineties jobby.

There was one in an I-spy book I had when I was 12 or so, I don’t know why but it just stuck with me, even now. Basically any Biturbo appeals to my inner masochist.

epicyclo

Northwind – Member
    My grandad had a HC Viva, I would absolutely love one of those today. Learning there was an aussie version with a smallblock v8 in it got my attention.

The Oz version was nearly as good at culling idiots as the Kawasaki triple. 🙂

Great package. Skinny car and the V8 always got heavily tweaked so the tyres and suspension were rarely up to the job. But boy, could they shift.

bob_summers

Totally forgot about I Spy books. I was at a motorbike exhibition a while back and saw a Benelli Sei and a Silk something or other. Occurred to me they were the only two I’d needed to finish the book.

chomp
    Free Member

always lusted after either of these after getting a set of sports car top trumps from Germany during a holiday one year.

I really miss that set of top trumps – I think by the end of the holiday I must’ve had all the cards stats memorised and spent countless hours playing that and a random tractor based set I also got that holiday.

JAG

I liked the Countach but this was my child hood dream car…

Later in life it became the Lancia Stratos…

And it regularly flips between the two! Maybe I’ll just have both of ’em 8)

perchypanther
    Free Member

No sign of a Miura yet?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

RS2000 mk2.

I got a bit older and then bought one. Lurvely. Had to sell as rust ate the important bits of the chassis… Obviously wish I hadn’t on account of appreciation etc.

Also
    RS200, RS500, and RS turbo.

Yes, all Fords.

daviek

They stopped making the Miura the year i was born and started production on the countach the year after ( which along with the Quattro were the two i loved in my youth) but it is now one of my all time favourite cars along with the Alpine A110.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

When I was around 9 I really wanted a 911 or a 308 from Nige’s garage up the road; when I was older (16?) I thought a 959 would be fine for everyday use, with a Jalpa for sunny days and weekend usage.

Still wound’t mind a Jalpa.

edit: less the stars n stripes obvs

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

and being a product of the 80s I also needed:

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

and not forgetting of course:

choppersquad
    Free Member

Actually I can’t post a picture of it because I’m rubbish, but I used to be mad on the De Thomaso Pantera.
    Just googled it and it still looks ace.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I loved the Pantara 🙂

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Didn’t Elvis shoot his De Tomaso?

jimjam
    Free Member

No you’re thinking of heroin.

bikebouy
    Free Member

If we’re going back to youth, then I really can’t think of a car that I really lusted over.. I still have a thing for these..

But I was more into motocross bikes.. in Florida there were miles upon miles of open spaces, if you didn’t have a pickup you had a motocross bike, or both .. I did briefly have a YZ100..

But my posters were of motocross bikes and boats.. (not posting boats because thats just, like, dull yeah) but I do remember old US MX stars .. Roger DeCosta being just one I remember..

I follow a guy on Instagram who was riding back in the day and he’s always updating his Gram with 1970-1980’s era MX bikes..

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Great car and show but dodgy ‘tache.

sweepy
    Free Member

My grandad had a HC Viva,

You bastard, I had an HC viva 🙁

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

My grandad had a HC Viva,

You bastard, I had an HC viva

I still have one.. In fact I just realised at no point have I been without one since 1999. They were so cheap then.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘The Cars of Youth’ is closed to new replies.