Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Cabbage Soup Diet
  • SaxonRider

Did that one make the rounds here in Britain back in the late 1990s/early 2000s?

I tried it back in 2001 just to give my own weight loss a kick-start, and it worked. I can’t remember what I lost in 8 days, but it was more than is normally considered healthy.

Some said that it was all water weight that people lost, but when one is consuming untold amounts of cabbage soup and drinking water, I don’t know how that coukd be the case! In any event, as a one-off diet to use for inspiration for further, proper dieting, any thoughts?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Don’t do it! i did the cabbage soup diet in 2000 and lost half a stone in a week however it screwed my stomach up permanently and now can’t eat decent sized meals anymore. Some may well see that as a good thing as it’s turned me into a grazer/snacker but sometimes it can be problematic. Just eat healthy cut out the crap and exercise PROPERLY.

Squidlord
    Free Member

My missus was doing this about a year ago. It smelled. She smelled. She said it worked.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It doews work it was designed for seriously obese heart patients who needed to lose weight quickly for their op, hence why it’s over 1 week. It’s minging though and screwed me, the weight did stay off though, but boy not only does it make you smell it gives you crippling stomach pains too.

rs
    Free Member

surely if all you ate was any kind of soup and water for a week you would lose weight.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No you eat other stuff too, ie day 1 is just fruit (not bananas’) day 2 just veg (green) day 3 fruit and veg … etc then throughout you can have as much cabbage soup as you want.

nicko74

surely if all you ate was any kind of soup and water for a week you would lose weight.

And friends.
    I had a boss whose friend did this. Apparently said friend recovered a marble he’d swallowed some 25 years earlier. 😯
    Still, I reckon it’d be a good craic, if I’m home alone for a week and just playing Xbox – something that doesn’t involve meeting anyone or being more than 20 paces from a bog.

Squidlord
    Free Member

recovered a marble he’d swallowed some 25 years earlier

RECOVERED it? Eww!

SaxonRider

I don’t really remember having particularly bad gastro-intestinal discomfort to be honest.

Then again, I’m normally in discomfort, so I probably didn’t notice.

soobalias
    Free Member

into the realms of the ‘raw chicken diet’ or double dropping picolax

nicko74

double dropping picolax

Surely not as a weight-loss diet though?!

SaxonRider

Funny. I didn’t know what Picolax was, so I had to google it. Just three down from the top of the results was this thread:

The Picolax Thread Returns

How did I miss that one? And whatever happened to blu-tone?

bigdean

The only diet you need to the two step one:

1) eat less
    2) exercise more

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Cabbage Soup Diet’ is closed to new replies.