Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • The burning Tuesday Question: Whats the bestest crisps/savoury pub snacks….
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Another vote for roast beef monster munch, taste ossum, last longer than crisps and less bad for you…. Winner every way you look at it 🙂

somafunk

It has to be XL cheese crisps with a healthy covering of tabasco sauce whilst munching on a pickled egg, yum………almost worth an excuse to cycle to the pub for a feast.

muckytee
    Free Member

The Heart burning Tuesday Question

FTFY

Why haven’t these been mentioned – sigh 😛

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Salted pistachios ftw

+1 slightly tempered by the odd one in a packet you can’t open.

Macadamia nuts run a close second

Cashews third

Nuts make up an important part of my diet.

21dwb
    Free Member

Pork scratchings drowned in Worcestershire sauce!!!

tomhoward

How can folk eat pickled eggs?!?!?!?!?? Are your taste buds dead? Were they killed by pickled eggs?

mintimperial

Pickled eggs are ace. There was a crazy pub about a mile from my house where I grew up that brewed it’s own ale and the home-made pickled eggs there were incredible.

Unfortunately I’ve been banned from eating pickled eggs by the wife, so I’ll have to nominate good old-fashioned salted peanuts. 🙁

colournoise

Jumbo salted peanuts. Used to prefer Brannigans beer nuts with the crunchy salt and gnarly bits on the outside but they seem to have disappeared years ago.

Failing that the Thai fries (basically spicy wedges) with chili dipping sauce that a couple of our locals do.

slainte 😀 rob

patriotpro
    Free Member

Planters Dry Roasted – best ever in world anywhere!
    Scampi fries – a distant second.
    Prawn-Cocktail Seabrook – a close third.

8)

DrRSwank
    Free Member

What?!? Are there no real northerners on here!?!?

The fish man comes around the pubs of my youth. He brings pots of shell fish (prawns for th ladies) and vinegar and white pepper.

Nowt better to make the bitter go down.

d45yth
    Free Member

somafunk – Member

It has to be XL cheese crisps with a healthy covering of tabasco sauce whilst munching on a pickled egg, yum………almost worth an excuse to cycle to the pub for a feast.
    +1, maybe without the tabasco though. The eggs have to be home-made with brown vinegar too.
    I don’t know what kind of pubs some of you drink in, with pretend crisps on offer (those that are moulded from tattie paste)! 😕

ThePinkster

The fish man comes around the pubs of my youth.

Used to get one of those in my old local before I moved. Always got greeted with most fo the bar shouting “SEAFOOD!” in a high pitched chant followed by some wag (not always the same one, either) calling “Got any crabs on yer, cock?”

It always made us smile, anyway

binners

These are a pretty damn good pint accompanyment. Though you then have to sand-blast your hands to remove the smell

So…. has anyone else tried the Warburtons Fiery Madras Naan Crisps yet then?

You really need too!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘The burning Tuesday Question: Whats the bestest crisps/savoury pub snacks….’ is closed to new replies.