Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • The British in the sun
  • Northwind

This thread seems to be almost entirely about my dad. Except for the daisy dukes. The older and fatter he gets, the more he gets his shirt off.

I keep my pasty white pigeon chest under wraps, like a properly repressed british person. Might get a burqa.

binners

Tom. Piccadilly? Do you like fighting? Not necessarily yourself. But maybe watching drunk people, both male and female, battering each other outside Weatherspoons?

kimbers

binners – Member
    The best place to go in this weather is Piccadilly gardens in Manchester

You will require

1. Black Adidas/Nike tracky bottoms, rolled up to your knees
    2. White socks, tucked in your Rockports
    3. No top/wifebeater to display prison tattoos
    4. Additional tattoos displaying the names of your multiple offspring in a gothic font
    5. Copious Mr T style gold jewelery to accessorise the no top/wifebeater effect
    6. Can of stella in one hand, spliff in the other
    7. Your picnic handily packaged in a Greggs bag

The uniform for the men isn’t that different

Ive been lunching in gordon square gardens in bloomsbury next to UCL

its populated almost exclusively by slim attractive tanned young women- mostly postgrads or arty types from RADA, stylishly dressed enjoying the sun without exposing too much , hotpants or light floaty dresses are quite popular however

beverages are usually a simple bottle of evian or a frappacino and lunch is usually sushi or something organic and tasty from the farmers market over the road

there is one podgy, pale, tattooed bloke there sweating away trying to subtly perve from behind his mirrored oakleys- but I do keep my top on

ononeorange

I retain sufficient self-awareness to know that revealing any part of my body will induce automatic vomiting for 500 yards around, so have a rule never to even wear shorts in public (unless on my bike – that’s different). So why can’t others consider the wider populace?

A suit has been fun on the Tube this week though – not.

I walked over London Bridge a couple of days ago in stifling heat and a guy in front of me was wearing a thick cardigan. No idea how he didn’t pass out from heat exhaustion.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Beanies? Why?

I own a wearer of a black beanie, also black tshirt and black skinny jeans – the reason has been clearly explained to me, it’s “BECAUSE, OK?”

binners

ononeorange – Member

I retain sufficient self-awareness to know that revealing any part of my body will induce automatic vomiting for 500 yards around

I hear you brother!

The better half has been saying ‘you’re sat in your own back garden FFS! Nobody can see you. Why not take your t-shirt off and get some colour on your pasty white skin!” But if I can envisage any situation, even one involving alien invasion, where I could end up being seen in this half-clothed state, by real human beings, who are possessed of a capacity to point and giggle, then I’ll be staying fully clothed thanks very much

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dress down Friday in That London’s Famous City of London today.

Which is nice. 8) (Ruby Iridium Holbrooks today, as it happens)

mogrim

Was working in Mallorca a few years back, the company provided food in a hotel in Magaluf… grim, what kind of idiot sits out frying in midday Spanish sun?

Kevevs
    Free Member

The supermarket where I work has a No top, no come in policy. It’s quite entertaining sitting on the security podium by the door bouncing people out. Feel like the bloke in that bank Ad “Sorry mate, Policyyyyyyyy”

binners

what kind of idiot sits out frying in midday Spanish sun?

One who’s been out since the night before, and has consumed their own body-weight, twice over, in Stella, as well as 10 – 15 E’s

Flashy – I imagine your Ruby Iridium Holbrooks have a hidden James Bond stlye minaturised camera (I’ll be really disappointed if they don’t), so do feel free to share 😀

mogrim

One who’s been out since the night before, and has consumed their own body-weight, twice over, in Stella, as well as 10 – 15 E’s

Suppose, but you could sit in one of the 1000s of handy, shady, nearby bars and they’ll serve you more of those cold refreshing Stellas too…

binners

After all the Stella and E’s, I doubt logical and rational reasoning is at its optimum 😉

CountZero

It’s the blokes I see riding bikes with hoodies on, with the hoods up, that get me.
    I happily wear shorts for as long as the weather is kind enough to allow, March to October, usually, but it’s a tee on top, when out in public. A Prana or Hot Tuna tank at home, but not in public. Up in That London tomorrow, for a gig at Somerset House, so I’ll be looking at lots of attractive young women in light summer clothes. Iridium Frogskins essential.

ononeorange

High 5 binners – in a properly-covered way!

DrJ

Copenhagen in summer. Oh yes …

CountZero

Copenhagen in summer. Oh yes …

Copenhagen Cycle Chic FTW!

alpin
    Free Member

Munich in summer…. Sooo many titties on display today it made………..

……. my eyes water.

Yay for summer and Germans easy going “I’m going to get my tits out/go naked attitude….

hounslow
    Free Member

Was riding home t’other day and saw a large 50ish chap pulling a shopping trolley down the road. That’s not uncommon for round here, what made the difference was his t-shirt was rolled up over his impressive beer gut so it looked like a sports bra.

crazy-legs

That picture ^^ reminds me of being in Granada airport waiting for a flight home and a woman in there wearing a pale top over lobster-red skin. She must have fallen asleep on the beach – panda eyes, bra lines in pasty white, the rest of her was pillar-box red. She must have been in agony.

I of course found it hilariously funny.

Duggan

sometimes I long for the days when air-travel was glamourous and only for the well to do.

Then I remember that I’m poor and I wouldn’t be able to go away anywhere if this was still the case.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Munich in summer…

Rather awkward when those that are on view are of your colleague, shortly before a meeting. 😯

Houns

Great Malvern train station. 17:30 Wednesday evening. Man wearing thick black leather trousers and a chunky knit jumper

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Houns, was he a tall chap? Dark hair?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I did see at least three seperate old Croatian blokes (In Croatia) proudly walking around with their t-shirt rolled up to expose their well upholstered (but not enoromouslly obese) midriffs. They looked proud and I presume it aids the digestion. I now refer to this behaviour as “kiting”.

I did see a lady in a scarf in last month’s mini heatwave. I wasn’t haluicinating, but she may have been.

I take my top off in the sun. Why shouldn’t I? Don’t want a t-shirt tan. That said my body is fine – it’s my face that’s offensive.

Currently frying in the Spanish sun!

Houns

CFH, yes he was.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘The British in the sun’ is closed to new replies.