Viewing 31 posts - 161 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • The Breville Toasted Sandwich Maker and other such 80's wonders
  • hora
    Free Member

Eeekkk incoming!!!

Cougar

pannini’s

a) It’s spelt “panini.”

b) One does not use an apostrophe on a plural.

c) “Panini” is a plural to start with and doesn’t require an S either.

d) Imbecile.

I’m not normally one for grammar pedantry, but three mistakes on one word is mightily impressive and made me want to claw my eyes out from the horror.

binners

Cougar

😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Incorrect.

binners

Well… After some initial scepticism, and definitely not sharing in my child-like glee at its arrival, Mrs Binners has embraced the toastie maker.

On getting back from the pub last night, she was possessed with the kind of inspiration that only several vodka and cokes can provide…. The pulled pork and onion Toastie!!!

Bloody lovely it was too!!!!! Perfect post-pub fodder!!! Almost kebab-esque in its beer fuelled beauty. The pork had been in the slow cooker, in ginger beer, all day! Highly recommend!!! 🙂

honeybadgerx

Completely off topic, but ooh, pork and ginger beer. I’ve done the ham and coke thing but that sounds interesting…

binners

It’s bloody lovely! Pork shoulder joint, bottle of ginger beer, onions and plenty of paprika, bang in slow cooker, leave on low for 12 hours until it’s so tender it just falls apart! Delicious! 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Still using our vintage Breville here.

My personal favourite inventions are brie with red onion chutney and smoked mackerel with beetroot and horseradish.

PS. Paninis are football stickers.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

For anyone still to join the toastie renaissance – the Waring toaster is at Argos for £39.99 at the moment

clicky clicky!

thomthumb
    Free Member

whoosh

MrOvershoot

binners – Member
    On getting back from the pub last night, she was possessed with the kind of inspiration that only several vodka and cokes can provide…. The pulled pork and onion Toastie!!!

She’s a keeper that one 😀

I’m drooling thinking about it, I also cook gammon joints in ginger beer.

TheBrick
    Free Member

39 quid on a sandwich toaster misses the point. £15 max and ideally less. Back of the garage, car boot sale, loft fine for extra points.

binners

You’re bloody right on that score Mr overshoot! Mrs Binners embrace of the toasty maker is really coming up trumps in no uncertain terms! I just rode home from Manchester in bucketing rain. Arriving home like a drowned rat, I grumpily climb out of my sopping wet kit, grab a shower, and am, on returning downstairs, presented with a glass of red and two toasties. Red Leicester and chorizo, and bacon and Stilton! Bloody hell they were good!!!!

You really can’t ask for much more than that!!! 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Dribbling.

So Saturday am I’m buying some creme fraiche, smoked salmon and cheese. Thinking galette stylee toastie

Stoner
    Free Member

Chopped beef and ragu the other evening

I cant say I agree with the “Warburtons toastie” fans. The slices are too big.

You want a weedy thin bit of synthetic bread-u-like that allows you to fill the cavities to the max while STILL being able to shut the lid and not have the top slices shuffle forwards.

Top tip. Dont bother with Heinz Sandwich Spread in one (I was going for the Full 80’s thing). I spent most of my lunchtime licking hot dripped sandwich spread off my desk.*

* not a euphemism.

chakaping
    Free Member

Red Leicester and anchovies here tonight.

Cupboard a bit bare.

TheBrick
    Free Member

This is making me hungry. Another night of walmart $1 read meals awaits!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just having a cheeky Marmite and cheese classic. Basic but good.

joshvegas
    Free Member

While this thread has been revived can I just apologise for not fulfilling my promise of experimental results.

Now I can’t even remember what it was , I do remember it would have turned the toastie making world on its head.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Get with it – you can do all this sort of stuff on the ultra modern George Formby.

including egg banjos?

Coat? Got it, cheers

honeybadgerx

I have duck eggs, spinach and some honey smoked salmon in the fridge. All I actually want is a cheese, corned beef and onion toastie… I feel a trip to tesco for dirty white bread coming on…

bigrich

Get with it – you can do all this sort of stuff on the ultra modern George Formby.

including egg banjos?
    Coat? Got it, cheers

never get trouble with anything sticking when you cook on them: it’s always turned out nice again.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Banana and apricot jam. That was the closest we got to continental cooking when I was a boy.

binners

Inspired by the resurrection of this thread, I’ve just had a pre-ride toastie.

In a bold, daring and controversial move I opted for JUST cheese. I know, I know…. Madness! Obviously which cheese was critical. I can happily confirm that the double Gloucester with chives Toastie was absolutely bloody lovely! 🙂

Bregante

with chives

Does that count as salad?

Stoner
    Free Member

Ever had the urge to use up the left over half an Avocado in a toastie?

Just dont.

bleuuughghgh.

binners

And when has anything ever been improved with the addition of avocado? What were you thinking? You sick twisted pervert!

We’ve had cheese and ham toasties for lunch! They were lovely!

Avocado indeed! 😛

Stoner
    Free Member

I contaminated 4 of the damn things with it. I cant even face the last of them. It’s sitting on the plate, drooping at me.
    Ive never not been able to finish off a fullhouse* before. Defeated.

*4x slices.

bearnecessities

If available, slip slices of crispy bacon in the remaining one.

Viewing 31 posts - 161 through 191 (of 191 total)

The topic ‘The Breville Toasted Sandwich Maker and other such 80's wonders’ is closed to new replies.