Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The 'boy cave*' is almost complete…(* Not quite a man cave)
  • DrP

This year for the lad’s 4th birthday we asked every one to pile the gift money together to get his his own ‘lab’ (his words, not ours!).
    I’d asked a few questions on another thread RE prepping it etc.
    Birthday was at the end of January, but the bad weather and lack of space to prep the wood meant time passed quite rapidly..
    However, putting some effort in over the past few weekends has given us this as the end result!

[img]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3784/13212752445_26ae5c84f3_z.jpg[/img]

He’s over the moon, bless him!
    Still to glaze the windows, and am looking onto solar shed lighting, then we just need to fill it with tiny work benches, test tubes, and perhaps a log burner….!!

DrP

passtherizla
    Free Member

Meth Lab?

qwerty
    Free Member

Crack(in) house!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bearnecessities

ourmaninthenorth

Love it. And very timely – weather’s improving now, so time to build Miss North’s playhouse. Hers is slightly more complicated by the inclusion of stilts and a ladder. Just to really irritate the neighbours.

So, first job will be to dig dirty great holes in the ground and then mix concrete in the wheelbarrow!

shuhockey
    Free Member

Looking at this sort of thing, anyone got any recommendations on where to buy. Like the on stilts with slid things.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Very nice…. my three girls have got a very similar one but it’s 10 years old now and they’re not really interested any more.
    Get used mostly for storing garden chair cushions etc.
    Maybe they’ll use it this summer now it’s got a wifi connection!

(which you should also be looking at DrP – webcam so you can keep an eye on little P.

Interesting colour choice 😕

natrix
    Free Member

We got one from http://www.playhousesworld.co.uk and have been very pleased with it. Being on stilts you don’t need to level a base for it 😀

ourmaninthenorth

natix – did you cement the stilts in? Am mindful of how windy it is where I live.

natrix
    Free Member

Our garden slopes in two directions so I dug holes for three of the four stilts to sit in, hence no need to concrete the stilts in. It would need to be mighty windy to blow one over…….

ourmaninthenorth

It would need to be mighty windy to blow one over……

I reckon the winds we had recently would easily blow it away – v exposed where I live. Even on a still day there’s a breeze!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The 'boy cave*' is almost complete…(* Not quite a man cave)’ is closed to new replies.