Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The Boulder Trail @ Stainburn VIDEO CONTENT
  • Pook

It's a bit good

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Its very good BUT doesn't do it justice some of those bits are much much scarier and steeper in real life!

tracknicko
    Free Member

is there some kind of speed limit at stainburn?

ba ha ha. just joshing. tell matey with green arms to get his knees in!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

nice vid..good trackstand at 1:50 😀

goog
    Free Member

any chance you can edit out the rider with the rear mud guard ? he makes it look reet mincey 😉

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Nice to hear I Am Kloot being played, not heard them in a while

Dancake
    Free Member

I loved that!

Particularly enjoyed the pork pie and the get-offs too; makes you remember you arnt the only one falling off.

Not sure about those wet rocks though. Looks a bit scary 🙂

Pook

Those wet rocks are very very grippy. Regardless of how they look
    😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Absolutely excellent video. Glad you included the outtakes too, as whenever I rode it was a real stop-start faff-fest with one trip over the handlebars too.

Just one thing, there is a really steep almost u turn type corner, maybe you could have videod it from the top looking down to show the steepness? But yeah, tip top video and really enjoyed it.

Simon

Another good bit of video Chris, did you remember to clean the lens this time? 😉

Pook

yes simon – thankyou……

that effect was fully intended…. honest

😀

glenh
    Free Member

It's gritstone dude – it's not slippery.
    It's hard though if you fall onto some of it 😉

iron_maiden_man
    Free Member

Really good vid.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

very nice, well ridden too – I had the pleasure of mincing about Stainburn a few weekends back (hangovers and Stainburn don't sit well together)

vinnyeh

great video. Nice to see the outtakes too. Loved Stainburn the few times I've been there,

lowey

Looks tasty that mate. Need to get over there for a bash soon.

thepodge
    Free Member

Goog, I'll come round and slap you with the mud guard if you want?

I look like I'm mincing cos I'm riding with two guys who know it like the back of their hand as they helped build it so a lot of it I was riding blind for the first time… and I'm a mincer

Pook

I think you all rode bloody well to be honest. Enjoyed the filming even with my stinking cold….

Simon

I take nobody made it up and over The Wall before the (1.40) Humpback?

Pook

see the outtakes towards the end Si…

thepodge
    Free Member

its good that, all I seem to do is fall off

Pook

And the track stand on the ridgey bit. Don't do yourself down!

RealMan
    Free Member

Nice vid.

thepodge
    Free Member

the track stand only works if you are humming the theme tune to kickstart.

I've found my flats and my pads for tomorrow, if i make it out the post office alive

goog
    Free Member

thepodge – Member

Goog, I'll come round and slap you with the mud guard if you want?

hubba hubba 8)

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Rode it today for the first time. Nice and techy. With a bit of faffing and fannying (and a lot of swearing) I managed to clear all of it bar one of the skinnies on the red loop, but then it was bone dry. Had a good go at removing my bollocks on my first trip down the Cascade. Bike hit something and stopped dead – humped the back of the saddle reet hard 😯 . Still, no dab though… The Wall got conquered (hardest bit?), but it did take about 10 goes. (is it just me, or is the guy in the vid on the ridge actually leaning on the tree?? Still he didn't end up on his face…).

The Descent line is kinda painful on a hardtail. Sufficiently so that my PIkes decided to spit their dummy (and their oil) everywhere. Be fun on a big bike though…

Congratulations to Singletraction though, for building a trail that *really is* BLACK. That's the first UK "trail centre" that I can say that about. Has anyone ever cleared the whole trail, in one, feet up?

Vid is nicely done too. Shame that it doesn't show the true extent of the steepness (as ever!).

Simon

I've never come close to riding it feet up but my mate Paul has done it a few times, including the woodwork and seesaw, and the climb back up.

After years of riding and building at Stainburn, The Hovis Corner/Cascade and The Cole Chute still scare the sh!t out of me, and I generally take the chicken run around them. 😳

doof_doof
    Free Member

That is how trail centres should be! Not super manicured pool table smooth shyte like Brechfa, etc.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I dunno. I enjoyed Brechfa, and that's partly down to the sheer size of the berms – soooo damn fast. Stuff like that has it's place, it's just a shame there's not more effort put into adding Stainburnesque sections in too – Northernshore?

Simon – I doff my cap to your mate Paul – all the way round, all the stunts, feet up? That's some skill and stamina. Which bit is the Cole Chute – the slab right near the beginning?

Simon

Cole Chute, starts off as a right hand turn on wood into a rock garden with loads of wheel traps.

And yes Paul can ride the Boulder Trail with no dabs, usually in lycra on a PA with 130mm forks.
    Here he is dropping the boulder on the Descent Line

Pook

Having just come back from a play in wharny, stainburn really does show what could have been….

ashfanman
    Free Member

Great vid. Enjoyed your others too.

I tried to find Stainburn last winter but ended up parking in the wrong car park and spending hours slogging through a load of boggy woods. Must try to make it back up there sometime – the trails look ace.

mafiafish
    Free Member

What really impresses me is how alot of the built stuff looks asi it's been there forever, looks almost completely natural. Or was it just amazing coincidence that the rocks are where they are?

Simon

All the rocks were close by but believe me many of them have been moved, all by hand, (on the Boulder Trail at least).

I know what you mean about it looking natural, now it's been in a few years and pine needles etc have fallen onto the trail it looks like it's always been there.

chakaping
    Free Member

That was a nice video.

Respect to anyone who can ride all the features – feet up, down or sideways.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘The Boulder Trail @ Stainburn VIDEO CONTENT’ is closed to new replies.