Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The 'Bombers' joke
  • SaxonRider

At some point in my residency on STW, the whole ‘Bombers’ joke started. Can someone please explain its genesis?

Who said what to whom? What is the mythology? There may be a child’s story in there. Or even a whole new religion.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Someone claimed to have owned a burglar with a set of bombers. Can’t remember who though.

[edit]
    I might be confused with someone else but if I am right then I seem to remember him being a fairly slight built chap who claimed to have powerful arms.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Interested in hearing how one of the least funny things oft repeated here came to be.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    warton
    Free Member

I din’t see the original thread, but I believe someone came across an intruder in his house, and set about him with a pair of bombers.

geoffj

Bloke got broken into. He restrained/lamped (owned in his own words) the burglar with a set of the aforementioned forks.

He also had a bit of an incident with cut / snapped forks at an LBS which IMHO was a much more amusing thread.

The guy was a little Walter Mitty TBH

ratherbeintobago

IIRC (and I stand by to be corrected) someone caught a burglar in his basement, and clocked him with the first thing that came to hand, which happened to be a set of Marzocchi’s finest. The whole thread got lost in the great STW forum crash a few years back.

Andy

ourmaninthenorth

He was, IIRC, oneyedwilly.

So to speak. And yes, it was very amusing.

(My god, how long have I been hanging round here..?)

trailmonkey

it was oneeyedwilly. it was a hugely funny thread made even funnier by the pic he posted of himself.

iirc he later got retired from the forum for a comment about skull ****ing a dead relative.

surely the most bizzare comment i’ve ever seen on here

hora
    Free Member

It was on that thread that I decided to take up a gay pron-career and become…. Conan the Destroyer with many many men slain at my feet or impaled on my sword.

ton

😯

i just choked on my chilli…….. 😆

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I wish I could see the photo.

hora
    Free Member

Of me in my leather loin cloth and fur sweatband?

Cougar

I wish I could see the photo.

If that’s in reply to Hora’s post, I really I really don’t.

binners

IIRC I think he was actually Leo Sayer

Hora – I thought your gay pron-career was kicked off by David Cameron when you were at Eton together?

hora
    Free Member

binners did Paul mention he bumped into me in the peaks on his way back from a party yesterday? He looked ‘tired’ 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Just look up photos of Manowar and that is what I imagine Hora to look like in his new career 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

He was apparently fixing his bike in the kitchen holding said forks when a scrote wandered in through the open kitchen door. I believe he himself used the term ‘owned’. He was a fairly good sport about the ensuing ribbing, leading him to post a picture of himself in an aggressive pose holding the now legendary forks 🙂

binners

He did, yes. And he politely declined my offer to join us out riding yesterday afternoon. Everyone seems to be randomly bumping into you in the Peaks. Well…. you or your car 😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

leading him to post a picture of himself in an aggressive pose holding the now legendary forks

weren’t there a couple of pics, including a close up of the barely visible wounds inflicted on him during the scuffle as evidence that there had in fact been a scuffle.

not of the same standard, but in the same league as the picolax thread imho

monkey_boy
    Free Member

thats wasnt the best one, the best one (if i didnt dream it) was the guy who posted a pic of himself wearing a new cycle top in the mirror and then posted “does this look a bit tight” he was being deadly serious!

i think he left in shame.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

IIRC he looked less like Chuck Norris and more like Screech from Saved by the Bell

hora
    Free Member

Everyone seems to be randomly bumping into you in the Peaks

I was in Hudds this weekend as well and bumped into three sets of people (that I know). Wierd.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bombers are so passe. Ice axes are where it’s at these days.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I seem to remember his reference to his ‘big arms’ before he posted the pic as well….

A defining moment in STW history I believe. It was utterly hysterical. 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The 'Bombers' joke’ is closed to new replies.