Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • The Black Knight Satellite – hoax or real
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Not quite sure what’s so conspiratorial about that Hafren forest bit. Interesting, but not shady.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

So anything I mention automatically enters conspiracy territory?

Shake off those preconceptions… hora asked for sci fi and unknown and the Hafren site has a bit of both

A big incident which remains unexplained is the Tunguska event of 1908

oldnpastit

A big incident which remains unexplained is the Tunguska event of 1908

How is it unexplained?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Tunguska event was a large explosion, caused by an asteroid or comet, which occurred near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia, at about 07:14 KRAT (00:14 UT) on June 30 [O.S. June 17], 1908.[1][2][3] The explosion occurred at an altitude of 5–10 kilometres (3–6 mi) at 60.886°N, 101.894°E. It is classified as an impact event even though the object is believed to have burst in the air rather than hit the surface.[4] Different studies have yielded widely varying estimates of the impacting object’s size, on the order of 60 m (200 ft) to 190 m (620 ft).[5] It is the largest impact event on Earth in recorded history.

Sounds almost like it’s aliens or worse a massive Lizard Egg

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

How is it unexplained?

All in the wording innit 😆

It is classified as an impact event even though the object is believed to have burst in the air rather than hit the surface

Bloody conjecturists!!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Large rock hits Earth and explodes…

…there’s a lot of large rocks (called asteroids or comets if they’re mixed with water) in space. What have I missed?

(and yes, I’ve read a great deal about the Tunguska event).

As for this supposed 13,000 year old satellite, if it’s perigee is only 134 miles up then it sure as heck wouldn’t have remained in orbit for long. Skylab’s perigee was 254 miles up and atmospheric drag was enough to bring it down after six years in orbit.

Granted, the apogee is vastly different, but I’d expect that 13,000 years of that particular orbit would be unsustainable.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Bloody conjecturists!!

Well the difference between being an air burst explosion and an actual impact isn’t really that significant is it. But you do appear to see conspiracies wherever you look, no matter the evidence.

hora
    Free Member

Why would an asteroid air burst?

Cougar

How is it unexplained?

It’s not, you need to watch Terma, the second episode.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora it because its like you it gets a bit hot then boom it explodes everywhere*

* I simplified the science a little 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Breaking up violently entering the atmosphere? Trapped water or other materials getting really hot, friction, instability. If you paste your question into google some good links come up

gonefishin
    Free Member

PJM1974
    Free Member

Because all the ice holding it together evaporated during approach to sun and re-entry, plus the stress involved in colliding with an atmosphere could conceivably shatter it.

hora
    Free Member

If you paste your question into google some good links come up

Thats burning up upon entry/going through the earths atmosphere. We are talking just above ground level explosion.

konabunny
    Free Member

Like is someone says “moon landings were, faked, they never happened” the best reponse is to immediately hit them as hard as possible square in the face

Buzz, take it easy, you can’t punch every conspiracy theorist in the face!
    http://theweek.com/speedreads/449681/watch-72yearold-buzz-aldrin-punch-jerk-face-calling-liar

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

This seems like a good place to post:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAeafYCqxk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

thestabiliser
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thats burning up upon entry/going through the earths atmosphere. We are talking just above ground level explosion.

Any parameters for “Just above ground level” 5m? 50m? 500m? It could jsut be that most would do that if they flew a little further

The forces exerted on something coming that fast through the atmosphere (having previously been in a vacuum) mean that a large number of things could happen and the chance of it all staying neatly in one pieces are probably very slim

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’m no expert on this phenomenon… does exploding stuff from space completely vaporize, or are there traceable fragments?

slowoldman

Thats burning up upon entry/going through the earths atmosphere. We are talking just above ground level explosion

I don’t understand your issue with the concept.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’m no expert on this phenomenon… does exploding stuff from space completely vaporize, or are there traceable fragments?

You’re unlikely to like this answer but “it depends”.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Depends on a lot of factors, some of the main ones being it’s composition and angle of entry.

In the case of the Chelyabinsk ‘ite, there’s several lumps left over.

molgrips
    Free Member

Same reason stones explode in a fire. Outside gets really hot, tries to expand, inside still cold, stress, bang.

As for Tunguska – it’s *believed* to be a meteorite by everyone, so that doesn’t count as unexplained I’m afraid. There’s nothing that’s inconsistent with a meteorite afaik.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

So it’s in an orgit like an observation satellite, and also in an orbit unlike an observation satellite.

So how could it be anything other than alien technology?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

That ’20 Facts’ link is amazing.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

As for Tunguska – it’s *believed* to be a meteorite by everyone, so that doesn’t count as unexplained I’m afraid.

Aye, in my defence, I 1st heard about it in the 80s and didn’t realize so much research had been done in the meantime, if it’s confirmed Lake Cheko is an impact crater it will help cement the theory.

slowoldman

That ’20 Facts’ link is amazing.

Yes it’s compelling “evidence” isn’t it?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

an exploding meteor – recently

That’s what I wanted. Russian dash footage!

racefaceec90

funnily enough i asked about this a while back http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ever-heard-of-the-black-knight-satellite

i reckon it’s just something on the lens tbh 😉

PJM1974
    Free Member

I said the same thing about the orbit back then, too!

hora
    Free Member

^on your link it looks like screwed up black electrians tape 😀

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Anyway Hora, I’m pretty sure what you were trying to google was ‘black prince’.

stewartc
    Free Member

Disappointing no one has posted a picture of the Black Knight, down to head and torso, circling the earth and threatening other satellites by demanding they continue the fight.

I guess that Jamie guys gone forever?

CountZero
    CountZero

jivehoneyjive – Member

As someone said, depends. Tens of thousands of objects enter our atmosphere every single day, most are the size of sand grains, or fine gravel. If they’re stony chondrites, they’re most likely to burn up, unless they’re really large, in which case they can explode, and the larger fragments hit the ground.
    There are stony-iron meteorites, pallasites and mesosiderites, both of which pretty rare, and there are iron meteorites, which can be found fairly often, especially on open smooth deserts and salt-flats, and snow/ice-fields.
    High-quality swords were sometimes forged from meteoric iron, and much treasured.
    Really big, ***-off sized meteors, and small asteroidal bodies also hit the earth, and leave sodding great marks on the surface, like the Arizona crater, or the Chicxulub impact site on the Yucatán Peninsula, which is 25,450 sq.km.
    And was probably the main culprit behind the last dinosaur extinction, although that was a fairly drawn-out process.

molgrips
    Free Member

Dinosaurs didn’t become extinct.

piemonster

Photo of a baby Robin would have been more appropriate Mol

slowoldman
Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘The Black Knight Satellite – hoax or real’ is closed to new replies.