Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • The Black Knight Satellite – hoax or real
  • hora
    Free Member

Like everyone with an imagination I love a good ghost story or ‘could it be real’ etc. On my facebook page there was a sub-link to a story about the black knight satellite.

Now- how the bloody hell do they know its been up there for 13,000years and why does it look suspiciously like a Batman figurine…

Still- theres lots of links etc out there..

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Black+Knight+Satellite&oq=Black+Knight+Satellite&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i59j69i65j69i60.534j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Pigface
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive is your man for this

mogrim

I think NASA put it up there in the 50s to deflect attention from their so-called “moon missions”.

matt_outandabout

Some piece of space junk, dumped by USA or Russia. Did we also not have a few flights close to low gravity from USA, Russia, UK, Nazi’s etc?

geetee1972
    Free Member

You really do have to love the deluded. What would our society be without them eh.

On a more ‘fact is far more interesting than anything you could make up’ note, do you have any idea how many objects there are orbiting earth?

A few dozen? A few hundred? A few thousand?

It’s actually 21,000

dbcooper
    Free Member

Its post like the OP’s that reveal everything you need to know about people on here..

bikebouy
    Free Member

I got mildly fascinated by this Black Knight object a few months back too.. There are lots of very grainy UTube vids all proclaiming Alien communication devices, Alien portal, Alien toilet.. You name it and it’s probably Alien something or other.. One vid proclaims an age of 13k years, another it’s just space junk, another proclaims (and has footage of) a NASA flyby and the ISS has passed it a gazzilion times and observed it continuesly. There is a notion that’s it’s “stationary” in the same orbit/trajectory and that it doesn’t move.

But, you really do have to believe by now that should it have been something of interest we’d have either known about it or it would have disappeared back in the 70’s when the technology to shoot things down in space became available.

Worth a read up and chase the vids down on a cold winters night though.

scaredypants

dbcooper – Member
    Its post like the OP’s that reveal everything you need to know about people on here..

That was pretty much hora’s most circumspect post, like, evvah

hora
    Free Member

We humans have something called an imagination. Its nice to explore this sometimes.

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

it’s a piece of space bullshit

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Maybe it’s somebody else’s problem.

hora’s, evidently.

sobriety
    Free Member

You really do have to love the deluded. What would our society be without them eh.

I don’t know what society would be like, but it would be a hell of a lot less annoying on here.

mogrim

I don’t know what society would be like, but it would be a hell of a lot less annoying on here.

I think you’re pretty deluded yourself if you really believe this place would be any less annoying. Nature abhors a vacuum 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Is this a symptom/comment/example from an ageing STW readership? Everything is more annoying nowadays, people are wrong, I don’t believe it/I can’t believe it/I’m off down the pub etc syndrome?

Northwind

Conspiracy theorist logic is interesting in itself… I think what it basically comes down to is that people like knowing things that other people don’t, that’s quite natural. Same as wanting to be an expert in a particular field, or discovering new things.

But those things are hard work, much easier to just make something up or find some pre-existing bullshit then “know” that.

It’s like, instead of being knowledgable on the workings of bike brakes, and helping people out with that knowledge, adding value, you invent Truth Brakes and go on internet forums and bang on about your imaginary brakes and about how everyone using real brakes is a fool, adding noise. And soon other people will want a piece of that and join your Truth Braker Movement.

Ironically, knowing real things is less interesting.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hmm, tell me more about these truth brakes.

zippykona

Definitely a real hoax.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Que?

Why the arguing?

If you are not interested in the topic I wonder why you seem post on the thread, do you have any ideas about what it is?

Just sayin like.

fasthaggis

When bedding in ,how long should you leave Truth Brake pads in the oven for?

hora
    Free Member

I’d like constructive posts like ‘its a hoax because of X or X’

Not mosh-pit flay-ling your arms everywhere.

I’m not old enough yet that I wont keep an open mind to any new evidence on anything. Nowt wrong with curiosity that sparks the imagination either.

My son had ketchup on pudding. He really liked it. By the time hes older he’ll thoroughly know its not the done thing and he’ll be seen as odd if he persists.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Is it safe to assume that is the inspiration behind the name of the Black Knight project?

slowoldman

I understand it’s a piece of Space Bollocks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My son had ketchup on pudding. He really liked it. By the time hes older he’ll thoroughly know its not the done thing and he’ll be seen as odd if he persists.

I wouldnt be so sure. My missis puts vinegar on roast dinner, horseraddish on any meat and uses ketchup/HP regardless of the quality of the food on the plate. while I agree if you make cottage pie with bisto you probably need some flavour in there, but if you make it properly then it really doesn’t!

I’ve tried to point out that obliterating whatever flavours were on the plate is quite insulting but she’s having none of it.

Nip that wierdness in the bud!

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I’d like constructive posts like ‘its a hoax because of X or X’

how about you tell us why you think it could be anything more than some space junk? All the links in the google search are notorious idiot conspiracy theory websites making extremely wild claims. The evidence they cite has mundane explanations, which they choose to ignore because it’s not exciting.

hora
    Free Member

Shes only trying to liven up standard British food!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazz – Member

Is it safe to assume that is the inspiration behind the name of the Black Knight project?
    Bit of local history there!
    There are the remains on one of the Black Knight rocket vehicles at Calbourne Mill if you’re interested PMJ.
    Oh and the rocket testing site is possibly one of my favourite places on the Island. Absolutely love it there on a hot summers day!

WackoAK
    Free Member

Here are the (self proclaimed) 20 Facts

I stopped at the first one.

maxtorque

Ok, debunkers:

1) how do we know it’s 13k years old? We did even have a basic telescope till about 700 years ago
    2) How has it been photographed at all?
    3) It’s in a low polar orbit apparently, so how is it staying “stationary”
    4) Considering the major super powers have satellite “shoot down” capability, we could just destroy it if it actually existed

And about a million other facts. Except all good conspiracists will always reply with some even more amazing made up Bull to justify why those facts aren’t valid, as will all conspiracies.

Like is someone says “moon landings were, faked, they never happened” the best reponse is to immediately hit them as hard as possible square in the face and when ask “Why did you do that” reply, “Do what?”

😉

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

WackoAK – Member
    Here are the (self proclaimed) 20 Facts

SAY NO TO DRUGS

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

How about saying no to no drugs?

Cougar

I’d never heard of this till now. Quick search gives https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Knight_satellite

Wikipedia states:

The satellite mystery originated in 1954 when… two satellites orbiting Earth had [allegedly] been detected. At this time no one had the technology to launch a satellite

This seems somewhat leading to me. “Satellite” doesn’t necessarily mean “artificial satellite.” The Moon is a (natural) satellite.

Regardless,

…it is more probable that the photographs are of a thermal blanket that had been lost during an EVA.

Roflcopters.

Northwind

I like those facts.

In 1957, an unknown “object” was seen “shadowing” the Sputnik 1 Spacecraft. According to reports, the “unidentified object” was in Polar orbit.
    in 1957. The United Stated nor the Russians possessed the technology to maintain a spacecraft in Polar Orbit.

Sputnik wasn’t in a polar orbit. So how was it “shadowed” by something in a polar orbit?

Polar orbits are often used for earth-mapping, earth observation, capturing the earth as time passes from one point and reconnaissance satellites. This would put the Black Knight in the category of a observational Satellite.

The Black Knight’s orbit was unlike any other object orbiting Earth.

So it’s in an orgit like an observation satellite, and also in an orbit unlike an observation satellite.

In 1963, Gordon Cooper was launched into space. On his final orbit, he reported seeing a glowing green object in front of his capsule in the distance moving towards his Spacecraft. The Muchea tracking station, in Australia, which Cooper reported the object to, picked up this Unidentified object on Radar travelling East to West.

So not in a polar orbit

That’s another thing I really like about conspiracy theories, the ability to survive self-contradiction. You can believe 2 inherently contradictory ideas, as long as they both contradict the accepted view. If someone says something is black, along will come “proof” that it’s both yellow and blue. Controlled explosions, and nano-thermite.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So despite having a manned presence in orbit with heaps of tech on it for observing stuff, have made regular trips to launch things into space and much much more and we don’t have a decent pic of it?

hora
    Free Member

Northwind- thats better.

Still- I want something sci-fi and unknown 🙁

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

If you want something Sci-fi and unknown, the Hafren Forest research site is a good one.

I was recently in hospital with a guy who has lived near the site for about 40 years and he recalled helicopters, strange lights late at night, heavy army presence etc.

He also mentioned that once the MOD had finished with the site, him and a mate went to have a look and the enclosure described was made entirely of wood, even bolts holding the structure together were wood.

Seem to remember when I mentioned this a while back, there was a local from the Llanidloes area on here who had also been up there on a motorbike and described similar heavy military presence.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

There are the remains on one of the Black Knight rocket vehicles at Calbourne Mill if you’re interested PMJ.

Seen it. Love that it’s standing behind the shell of a Ferret armoured car and surrounded by peacocks in a farmyard. 😀

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Always the Rendlesham Forest incident too, Hora: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident

neilforrow

Vermicious Knids I tell you!

I read all about those as a kid!

Northwind

hora – Member

Still- I want something sci-fi and unknown

In that case- it’s a Volvo, being sent down from the GCU Arbitrary

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘The Black Knight Satellite – hoax or real’ is closed to new replies.