Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 253 total)
  • The bimble thread.
  • grenosteve
    Free Member

Any tales from Bimbleton this week?

neilthewheel

I was planning to bimble this afternoon but I would have been blown off the bike so I had a walk instead.

dknwhy

I did this lovely ride last weekend to Windsor. Stopped at my bro’s for a coffee and then a pint in Windsor. Off work again tomorrow so going to bimble to a cafe for lunch.
    Was planning to go to Hever Castle but the train strike makes it risky to be back for the school run.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nedrapier

Not seen this thread before. Wonderful, well done. I’ll be reading from the beginning.

Fans of this thread will enjoy “steveshairylegs” instagram feed. perfect bimble set up he’s got too. Big tyres, guards, front rack bag, flask and everything. Takes a very good photograph too. Lots of them, in fact.

Talk of bimbling and jump spots reminds me of this absolute beaut:

The more you look the better it gets. Probably the only thing it’s good for is sitting on with your flask of coffee and your sandwiches. You’re certainly not going to be getting in anyone’s way!

fin25
    Free Member

Not been out bimbling for a while, a mixture of Arthritis and painting wooden floors has done for me for a week or two. 🙁

The good news is that I can indulge my other great hobby of pottering. 🙂

dknwhy

Fair bit of bimbling and food on my instagram

What bimble savouries for a vegetarian? I was thinking a ploughmans sandwich but I think it might be a bit too soggy by the time I bimblemunch.

fin25
    Free Member

I do massive home made falafels. They look exactly like scotch eggs, so fellow bimblers will be none the wiser. Also do my own vegetable pasties.
    Packet of ginger nuts or oreos and some skittles for pudding.
    Ultimate vegan bimbling!!

nedrapier

Cheese and onion rolls! Mmmm

GRAEMEJONES

A frosty bimble around Delamere on Sunday

dumbbot
    Free Member

Can i join you guys for pies, falafel and mincing? Seems much more fun than having your cock nearly ripped off.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I think I bimble….. I don’t rush and I like to look at the country side… wrist is too broke to jump….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/M4bGdy]14212807_10153898624718225_5206254317153832326_n[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HryWkr]IMG_20160523_115146[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

This is soon to become a rigid drop bar bimble boat….

Cheers, Steve

nedrapier

Like the other steve’s, steve?

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Indeed! I’m keeping the IGH though….

Cheers, Steve

nedrapier

Singular’s do handle the bimble exceptionally well. Here’s mine, in winter and summer plumage. Winter’s looking a bit serious with the double bottles though…

Multi-booze options on the summer build: wisecracker stem spacer/bottle opener and ahearne hard stuff flask cage.

nedrapier

I’m keeping the IGH though….

Quite right! You wouldn’t want maintenance cutting into nap time or cloudspotting time, would you?

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Indeed, cleaning a cassette eats into post ride beer sampling.

Cheers, Steve

Alpha1653

No bimbling of late for me I’m afraid though I did walk the dog back to that jump spot I found: it’s utterly enormous and far beyond my capabilities. I start getting nervous if my tyres look like they are due to leave the ground.

Genuine question: any recommendations for a mid ride hip flask? The various ones I have tried all leak which is a huge waste of whisky/sloe gin/damson gin.

fin25
    Free Member
    Alpha1653

I like that. I like that a lot. However, no idea if the hip flask is any good.

Alpha1653
    birky
    Free Member

There used to be a member on here, Southlakes, who would post up links to ride reports with photos of cakes and homemade sandwiches in Tupperware boxes 😀 Hasn’t posted for some time.
    http://www.southlakesgroup.org.uk/2013photogallery/february/17th.html

fin25
    Free Member

Stanley Hip Flask

That’ll do.

Cheezpleez

I like to take a meths stove when bimbling. It means you can stop for a cuppa as soon as the urge takes you. I also like a cooked breakfast in the Surrey wilderness.

nedrapier

Alpha, I’ve got that Ahearne spaceman cage. It’s a lovely thing. Perfectly sprung (the review on Charlie’s page is mine). And the flask I got with it from Charlie is whisky tight. I’ve had it in pockets and bags as well as the cage, and not lost a drop.

ton

just been pointed to this thread. been away for some top bimbleing, or pottering as i like to call my type of cycling nowadays.

me and the good lady had a top couple of days in the lake, pottering around grasmere, high close, langdale, elterwater, coniston, tarn howes, ambleside, and back along loughrigg. a top potter.

highlights were the wife riding loughrigg on her tourer, the ale at the brittania in elterwater and fish and chips in tweedies bar in grasmere.

bimbles/potters are the future……… 😀

roverpig

Welcome to the club ton (and Mrs ton). Always room for more in bimbletown 🙂

Alpha1653

Good recommendation on the Ahearne flask. I’ll drop some hints for the wife to pick up for Christmas/birthday.

ton

out for a pootle today with another doddery old fool off here.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ptt9AW]2016-12-09_03-19-11[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

ahwiles
    Free Member

bimble of the year:

MsWife and i bimbled over to Bradfield, where we had lunch, and icecream, then a snooze under a tree next to the cricket pitch. it was bloody great.

Houns

Snoozing next to a cricket pitch, whilst a game is on, always features during my bimbles in the warmer months

MoreCashThanDash

Can I just say that I am delighted that this thread just keeps meandering on and on! 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Coxwold looks at bit damp Tony..

nedrapier

cricket, a soothing accompaniment to doing nothing.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Getting there with my bitza bimble build…. mostly made of bits I had in the shed and roughly thrown together one handed…. Schwalbe Big Apples were not easy to get on and I think I need to put some 700CC tubes in as my 29er ones are blowing off the tyre at 30psi…. but better that it was.

Could need a bigger chainring for road 32T might be a bit spinny….. but worth a try, it’s quite hilly here… I have a 36T round but was thinking 38T or 40T

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PQRUYq]IMG_20161210_114230[/url] by Stephen Williams, on Flickr

Cheers, Steve

kayla1
    Free Member

We had a great bimble out for tea and cake this morning, first time we’ve both been able to get out on the bikes for aaaaaages, what with The Mange and The Lurgy we’ve both had. It was lovely, lovely, lovely.

We did a local cricket match earlier this year and managed to wobble back home after a few glasses of whatever the hell it was that they were serving 😆

kayla1
    Free Member

I killed this thread 😆

DNR?

matt_outandabout

Nah, were all just bimbling along by reading not participating….

Trekster

Been doing a fair bit of “bimmbling” the past 3-4yrs for various reason(parents unwell/passing away)to the detriment of what “fitness I used to posses! Went out on the lbs night ride last night and was left for “dead ” by what used to be considered the “slow ” group.!!!! I am asthmatic, the cold air and smoke from the village(Ae) fires in the air meant I was using my inhaler a bit more than I should for the first half of the ride. Nearly turned back at the half way point 😥

What rigid forks to turn my Blue Pig into a “bimbler”?????

If MtsT is fit enough come spring we hope to acquire an ebike for her to get out bimbling 🙁

slimjim78
    Free Member

I just ventured into the ‘fear of jumps and drop offs’ thread, got about 2 or 3 pages in and the images of wheels leaving the trail and sudden drops began to make me feel quite giddy, so I’ve come here for balance.

Several of the drops even appeared to have perfectly ride-able (but rarely used) chicken runs. Madness.

I’m going to make myself feel better by heading out on the fat bike tonight for a roll along the Downs, Chanctonbury Ring to Devil’s Dyke – and ill take my spangly new flask for good measure.

As you were.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘The bimble thread.’ is closed to new replies.