Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 253 total)
  • The bimble thread.
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Bimble is my middle name !!
    Come to think of it ,my first and last name is bimble !
    Tick almost all the boxes except fat bike but do ride a plus bike so almost there 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

@slimjim78
    im not, im your worst – I’ve just checked the website and they’ve sold out 😥

grenosteve
    Free Member

If you can combine any of those with a beach, then that’s bimblecore.

Bimblecore! Word of the day.

I’m extremely bimblecore. 😛

MoreCashThanDash

Is there any danger of a fusion of bimblecore and jeycore?

colp

Bimblecore! Word of the day.

Isn’t he some magic bloke with a beard in Harry Potter?

RustySpanner

I believe that’s passive/aggressive mincecore lite.

There’s pages of this stuff from years ago, I’ve come over all nostalgic….

colp

I’ll sometimes go for a laid back ride around the lanes here checking the hedges.
    I suppose that’s a grumble bimble?

RustySpanner

A grimble?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Im searching the Black Friday deals for a Bimbleweeny57 sub-meson brain that I can link to an atomic vector plotter suspended in a nice hot cup of tea in order to make my rides even more improbable.

* Note to h2g2 geeks (probably Cougar) – Yeah, I do know it’s bramble. Thanks.

RustySpanner

I never get invited to those sort of bimbles.

Anyway, my chariot of delight awaits.
    To the park.
    There may be custard.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ve just checked the website and they’ve sold out

Fingers crossed that Rush Cycles are actually carrying stock then, as Santa has already been informed 🙂

faustus

I’m a selective bimbler!

I sometimes enjoy pootling speeds (on and off road) and a relaxed approached to a ride including plenty of food and stops. This seems to be coming out more in the winter when the ground is slow and it makes sense to take it easy. Bimble is also the right approach to touring or bikepacking as you can enjoy the whole experience more.

Other times though, I am guilty of putting emphasis on speed, caring a little about strava, and ‘smashing’ a trail centre run or road hill climb. I will never own anything flouro though, only ever have HTs, and mainly use paper maps. I have also been on the look out for a bimblepacking flask…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Will be bimbling on Sunday morning. There will be some gnar (Southern version) so perhaps it’s more of a pootle…

richardthird

Alpkit do a couple of flasks. £10 stainless looks like it’ll fit in a cage.

Nice thread by the way 🙂

faustus

If it’s southern gnar (low on gnar-o-meter), then it might be more of a pimble than a pootle..?

Like the look of the alpkit flask, not sure how well it fits in a normal cage though.

perchypanther
    Free Member

“….’cause my ride is too bimblicious for ya babe”*

*may be pootylicious. Not sure.

righog
    Free Member

I was not really into bimduro, but that was before I found out you lot, had Pork pies in your camelbacks…Brilliant idea I’m in 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bimblecore energy gels…..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

*Advance Notice* Bimble photos late Sunday, please… 😀

Houns

I’m not aware of there being any other sort of riding apart from bimbling/pootling?! Well there is that stuff they do on bikes inside once every four years but they never stop for a pint after every lap.

99.9% of the rides I have done over the last 5 years (So probably about 20 in total) have just been to various pubs

The first rule of bimble club? More calories consumed than burnt

russl
    Free Member

“The first rule of bimble club? More calories consumed than burnt”

That is brilliant!

Northwind

I’m pretty #enduro tbh but from time to time I remember that bimbling is awesome too. The fatbike helps with this, it’s an excellent bimblepoon.

NormalMan

Northwind – Member
    The fatbike helps with this, it’s an excellent bimblepoon.

That sir, is pure class 😆

ahwiles
    Free Member

finding this thread is like finding my way home.

i like a mid-bimble market – to stock up on bread and cheese, and perhaps pick up a chicken for dinner later…

rOcKeTdOg

“The first rule of bimble club? More calories consumed than burnt”

i bimbled 22 miles, had one pot of tea and a mince pie, did some more bimbling and had a coffee and a lemon and raspberry swirl cake, then bimbled home

i have two trail 42 flasks 8)

funkmasterp

I’m heading towards Bimbledon the older I get. Seriously thinking of swapping my current bike for something comfier for general bimbling with perhaps the occasional pootle thrown in. Can you get cycling clothes in tweed?

takisawa2

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PkNzp5]bimbletrackworld[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Go on… 😉

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I like a pork snack as much as the next man, but an entire backpack full of pork pies and scotch eggs is a little too much if you ask me.

No wonder you’re all going so slow.

I just wrap a couple of pork pies in cling film, with a “side” of pork scratchings for a quick fix of pork energy.

rOcKeTdOg

Crap! I forgot i had a sausage roll (pork power bar) too!

gallowayboy

I’m not sure I want to commit to full bimble – could I go 1 x sturmey archer on my full suss? with a chain guard? take it easy for a day or two, just to see?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Who has a brewery on their local bimble? I do.

So, brewery bimble to collect half a dozen favourite IPA’s, via the butchers for a scotch egg (£2.50ea but once you’ve tried one you know where your money went) – then back via the local castle ruins to take in the view and savour the pork goodness.
    Is that the ultimate bimble?

neilthewheel

I’ve accidentally rediscovered the joy of bimble since busting my shoulder back in July. Still not confident it’s fixed enough to risk anything rough, I have returned to my spiritual home, Bimbledon Common.
    I have added some purpose by taking on the project of identifying unrecorded or misrecorded rights of way in the county, with a view to getting them added to the definitive map. This has resulted in some first rate pootles into nooks and crannies I never knew existed.
    The most radical part of today’s bimble involved following the line of an old waggonway, adding an industrial heritage twist.

slimjim78
    Free Member

/\ bimble of the day right there

NormalMan

I have a roughly 20 mile bimble planned for tomorrow. It is mainly offroad but enough flat road sections to make the choice of bike more than a grab and go. Or to put it another way, enough to make me think about the 29er HT rather than the default fatbike.

Oh the challenges of a bimble 😆

vondally
    Free Member

Bimbler here…..aided by a stooge in half fat mode with 1 X 10.

Quite civilised really

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m not sure I want to commit to full bimble – could I go 1 x sturmey archer on my full suss? with a chain guard? take it easy for a day or two, just to see?

As I see it a chain guard is Mumble not nimble.

fin25
    Free Member

Went out for an afternoon bimble, apple strudel for pudding (hard to take that in a camelback).

Thinking about getting an e-bike (bimbletronic), but I’ve not seen one yet in my shade of beige.

nickc

Who else, like me, enjoys a four hour lap of Cannock?

I admire your commitment to slow, but really, 4 hours?

were you walking? 😆

mattyfez

I dont mean to sound elitist, but true bimblecore requires a tripple front ring, doubles are for tourists. Single??? Heathens.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I disagree. I think to bimble is a state of mind.

I have actually tried for years to become a bit more gnar, I’ve tried training courses, flash new gear, better tyres, elbow pads.
    I always revert to bimbling. Less is more.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘The bimble thread.’ is closed to new replies.