Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • The Bike You Wish You'd NEVER Had
  • jemima
    Free Member

There are no bikes I wish I hadn’t owned. They all served a purpose even if they weren’t amazing bikes in retrospect.

However, my (2nd hand) Intense Socom pissed me off no end and put me off Intense’s due to cracks and bearing failures. At least it had good kit on it and became a lovely Sunday and introduced me to more gnarad riding 🙂

richmtb

I never really got on with this

I’d convinced myself that I needed a hardtail to make riding interesting again but i just never really enjoyed riding it. I sold it and bought a Blur LT

droppinneutron
    Free Member

This:
    [/url]New bicycle by droppin-neutron, on Flickr[/img]

Insurance replacement for a stolen v10 that i absolutely loved riding. The Demo rode like a sofa and the forks meant it had a mahoosive turning circle – was so happy when it sold

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I know it’s not an MTB but in 1991 it was the first bike I bought with my own money. It was shit and it looked it, regretted it almost straightaway. When it got nicked I was looking forward to getting something better on the insurance, but then the Polis phoned and said they’d found it. 🙁

I_Ache
    Free Member

I hated my On One 456. The BFe that replaced it is brilliant.

The-Beard

I had an Orange C16R in the late 90’s which I absolutely loved, it was really light and a real joy to ride. So I was overjoyed when Orange brought out the Clockwork special edition in the classic paint job a few years back. It was horrible to ride, weighed a ton and I just didn’t get on with it, I tried for quite a while but eventually gave up and flogged it. Shame as it looked great!

I suppose I don’t wish I’d never had it, just wish it had been a better bike.

treeman
    Free Member

Bought a road bike that was too small fro me as it was a “great deal”, beautiful to ride for 45mins, but anything more than that and backache and knee ache put pay to that. Sold it for about 2/3 what I paid for it 5 weeks after buying it. I love drop bars,but it me of road bikes, only just considering getting another one 2 years later!

olly2097
    Free Member

P-Jay – Member

ononeorange – Member
    I demo’d an Enduro around 2006 and absolutely hated it too. So glad I properly rode it before buying it

After the disastrous I-Drive I actually bought a 2006 Enduro Expert – era considered, easily the best bike I ever owned – had it as my main bike for 5 years.
    Horses for courses I guess.[/quote]

I adored my 06 enduro expert. Awesome bike. Miss it very much.

frood
    Free Member

vondally – Member
    loads………… and some will be peoples all time greats

Marin Pine Mountain …..17 oo small 19 like a gate
    Marin Mount Vision……..single pivot and capable but just did not fit me
    Santa Cruz Bullit …..climb like an anchor
    Intense Tracer……woeful bike and between sizes again
    Nicola CC…..just not sure
    Foes fxr wanted too love it but wrong size

Everyone can make a sizing mistake once, maybe even twice, but that’s ridiculous! Why on earth did you not try them, or if you did, why buy a bike which didn’t fit when you test rode?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I liked my Demo 9…it was a tank but it was fun. Even at Chicksands I’d have fun on the dual course.

Looks like I may have bad taste in bikes!

velosam
    Free Member

my boardman ht. I just bought a bike totally unsuitable to my needs

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘The Bike You Wish You'd NEVER Had’ is closed to new replies.