Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • THE Bike you most regret selling?
  • dekadanse
    Free Member

My Mojo – sold to my mate Dom, who’d been pestering me for ages until I relented and let him have it. Nothing has equalled the solidity of that bike when it hit big hard stuff.

eskay

My Sid Standard racing bike. Sold it when I was 17 to get my first car.

thorlz
    Free Member

As motorbike count as well.

My Honda NS250R. At the time I just wanted a bigger bike. Looking back I realise now how rare they are. I have never seen another one, before or since.
    Doh

Yetiman
    Free Member

The one bike that I would love to still own would be my ’93 spec olive green Stumpjumper. I bought one of the first batch that arrived in the UK in October 1992 and I was more excited than a little kid at Christmas. I couldn’t quite stretch to the ‘Future Shock’ version that came with Specialized’s own suspension fork so I rode it rigid for about 6 months then splashed out on a pair of Pace RC35’s. I don’t have any pics of the actual bike but it was pretty much identical to this….

Brother_Will
    Free Member

My kona fire mountain SS. I bought it as frame and forks for £25 stripped removed some extraneous bosses and repainted in white with grey forks. It was my first SS back when it wasn’t a big thing and a guy from here came to look at it to see what the big deal was lol. It rode lovely and it was my first introduction to niche the first thing that said you know what don’t stick with the status quo and build bikes you want to ride.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Oh the original Kona explosif frame a guy sold me with the stuck seatpost in it for £25 which i promptly fixed and sold for £150 on ebay

joeyj
    Free Member

It has to be the Clockwork Orange with ‘gold’ rockshox in the early 90’s really regret selling it

onewheelgood

I wish I’d never sold this (it was pre digital cameras so I don’t have a picture of my actual bike).

As for bicycles, I didn’t know it was possible to sell them. I can’t, anyway.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

My first full suss was a Whyte 46, I did’nt keep it very long as compared to the Stumpjumper it replaced it felt heavy and slow, I wish i had given it more of a chance than I did.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Anyone who sells an early chameleon should punch themselves a bit in the bottom. Best and most fun bike ever on earth ever. Ever.

You say that but I had one of the very first mk1 Chameleons in the UK with the first set of 5″ Z1 BAMs to reach a UK customer. It was one of the best bikes I thought I’d ever ridden and was absolutely devastated when it was stolen. But last year I bought another as a do-er-upper. Rode it a few times and it just felt rubbish.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Nothing as special as some of the above but I really regret selling my drop bar singlespeed RoadRat. It was an absolute hoot and probably one of the most versatile bikes I’ve owned.

Funds were used to buy my Karate Monkey which I love equally bit wish I’d had the money to keep both of them.

dirtyboy

My old Blur 4x, loved riding but sooooo bored with changing bearings axles etc, also a 95ish kona cindercone

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Funk Durango, sold the frame for 300 quid to put towards my ti ibis mojo, wish I could have kept it but needed the cash to fund the next purchase.

sigh.

_tom_
    Free Member

Really regret selling my Langster. Even with its flexy wheels and ugly pedals/stem it was awesome

Also wish I’d never sold my old Federal Division BMX as I’d probably be way better at riding my current bmx if I’d stuck with that.

AlexSimon

Original 1988 Kona Cinder Cone.

Only kept it for a year because I started working at a bike shop who didn’t sell Kona and I was (foolishly) tempted into an amazing deal on an Alpinestars.

I regretted selling it for a couple of years after until the shop became a Kona dealer so I could get a tradeprice-15% ’90 Explosif, yay! (although unfortunately that was a Suntour year, so I bought another Gold Explosif a year or so later)

Coyote
    Free Member

Still regret selling my Kona Stinky Six. Sold to buy a Dialled Alpine which was a shade too small. That got sold to buy a Specialized which just reinforced how me and Spesh don’t get on and got sold. There is now a large Kona shaped hole in my life.

Not the best picture and the fork / stem combo was in a state of flux but by hell I loved that bike.

P20

It used to be my Mk1 Cannondale Raven, but I bought another a few years ago and apart from the looks, it was just a bike. It didn’t offer anything over the bikes I own.

I do regret selling my Bonty. Nice handling and ride, sold for a dialled love/hate for easier ss set up.

Bonty Disc by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

mindmap3
    Free Member

Mine would be my 2007 Chameleon…it’s just did everything. RS Pike 454 Airs, King headset, X9 mech and shifters, Hone cranks, Saint brakes Pro II hubs. Great bike.

Or, my Demo 9. Awesome but couldn’t justify it when I moved further south.

timraven

Yamaha SR500, paid the electric bill years ago when I was really skint. Just so much fun and GF at the time sold it for next to nothing..s**t happens I suppose.

You can sell bicycles?????

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Orange Vitamin T. The original model, not the T2. Undescructable, light, repsonsive.

Never rode a Ti bike like it and I’ve been trying ever since to ride anything as good.

Bah.

tops5
    Free Member

Really miss my old 5 Spot, convinced myself I needed something more mordern and longer travel.

On reflection I should of kept it – think I will be moving back down from 160mm in the travel stakes

AlexSimon

tops 5 – what did you replace it with?

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

No pictures but the one I most regret selling was my Cotic Soul to pay for a Santa Cruz Superlight that I wrecked in a crash about 6 months later. Tried a few hardtails since and never found something quite as much fun as the Soul. So I just bought another one that is waiting to get built up as soon as health permits.

hounslow
    Free Member

I sold this frame (Fly Luna 20.4)

and bought a longer one under the false assumption that i would prefer it. Big mistake, this was the nicest BMX i have ever ridden. The new frame (Sputnic Skyline 20.75)

put me right off riding as it was too low to ride. I don’t ride BMX enough to consider buying a new one, so it sits in the garage gathering dust. Not MTB but hey ho.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

My Kona JTS and the Heckler.

coldhams1
    Free Member

+ 1 for the whyte 46. Had one for three years awesome bike for the time, especially fitted with the alpine link.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Lots of Konas in this thread.

Mine would be my beetle-green Kona Muni Mula.

Where did she end up, I wonder?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I know i’m really going to regret flogging my 2010 spesh langster, but i’ve just got to own that Mojo HD by any means necessary 🙂

anyone interested?

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

The Curtis SuperX in Mango Yellow that Daveyboywonder sold me 🙂

trailhound
    Free Member

AlexSimon – I one of those buried at the bottom of my shed, it’s my “I’m gonna get round to a full period build retro bike 1day” bike. Be nice if it turned out like that one!
    My biggest regret was my Pace RC100 – have an RC200 built up with a mish mash of parts now but just doesn’t feel as special as the 1st did though.

mildred

Orange 224 & Gt pro series cruiser.

ian martin
    Free Member

2005 On-one 26″ pearl white inbred rigid single speed with sliding dropouts.
    That bike rode thousands of miles and never let me down but I hadn’t ridden it in 6 months and sold last year.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I still regret getting rid of my Whyte PRST-4 (don’t laugh), I still rate it as the quickest XC bike I’ve ever had.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Marin B17, 1997ish – had it from new. Gave it away to my LBS to pass on to someone who would ride it rather than keeping it in the garage like me. Would love to get it back, even just for one ride

jameso

Anyone who sells an early chameleon should punch themselves a bit in the bottom. Best and most fun bike ever on earth ever. Ever.

Agreed. I had a V1 Chameleon in black with orange Z1s, Kujo tyres, dinky Azonic stem and big bars, 1x gears and a DMR device. It was a great XC/jump bike. Took a long time to find another bike as much fun as that one. The frame is still in the garage with a crack in the HT/DT.

I regret (only slightly) giving away a Kona Lava Dome frame to a friend who turned into a brilliant SS with new dropouts and paint. But not really, he made damn good use of that frame.

scottalej
    Free Member

1991 Kona Lava Dome. Purple with black P2 rigid forks. My first proper mountain bike. Lots of great memories discovering new trails locally and epic day rides through the Cairngorms. I bought a very tidy later version with a blue frame and gold P2’s but I’d love another purple beastie.

gmex619
    Free Member

Most regret selling my 97 Zaskar. Properly specced. Cook bros cranks. Xtr mechs and cassette. Spin trispoke wheels. Pace rc36 etc.. especially because the fat chance I bought with the money really hurt my back too ride.

Very closely followed by my c456. Though the sting is gone from that by my ti456.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

[/url]
    Santa Cruz Heckler by BURNSYBHOY, on Flickr[/img]

Always regret splitting this bike and selling it. Don’t know if I’ll ever have the money to build something similar. I have a young family now.

tomaso
    Free Member

Mountain Cycle San Andreas with awful elastomer shocks, cable disks and Pulstar hubs.

binners

Definitely my old Chameleon

Chameleon by binlidski, on Flickr

Thought I needed something a little less hooligan after a full days riding it at Long Mynd. Ever since, I’ve got on fantastic descents and thought ‘the Chameleon would have been ****ing great down here!’. Just the best do-it-all bike ever! I want another one now!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘THE Bike you most regret selling?’ is closed to new replies.