Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The bike the STW classifieds built…open the ridcule tap……
  • scud
    Free Member

Here you go, just finshed building before a trip to Coed y Brenin last weekend, built entirely from parts of the STW forum, thanks Nuke for the frame and forks!

Now I know that I am in for some stick (white cables, blue anodized parts), but I figured I was building it from scratch, why have black cables/ brakeline and silver bolts?

Open the ridicule taps (and yes I know the tyre/ wheel logos don't match!!)

EDIT – not sure how to get the images any bigger?

chakaping
    Free Member

I think it's a nice bike, bit small to tell properly though.

scud
    Free Member

aaahh..cracked it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crocodilian
    Free Member

I like it but the positioning of the helmet in the bottom pick may cause some issues.

hora
    Free Member

Nice colour co-ordination. Weeds need cutting back though (front of left wheel)

scud
    Free Member

I'm impressed, i thought i was opening myself up a real mickey taking, especially as i got a little carried away by the time i got blue chainring and bottle cage bolts.

Hora.. i'll have a word with the Forestry Commission about the weeds, apparently they've let trees grow all over the place too!

Crocodillian..the positioning of my helmet is not something i thought i'd discuss with another man.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Cracked it already? Damn cheap frames.

scud
    Free Member

Hopefully not cracked, although with my bulk on it, who knows..

Not sure about the cheap frame, best frame/ bike i've ridden, i've had the Santa Cruz etc, but find this best fit and best ride of all the bikes i've owned.

neilforrow

total cost?

DavidB
    Free Member

Is that a suspension seatpost on a full suss bike?

scud
    Free Member

Total cost about £1050, the cranks and Joplin seatpost are carried over from another build. I've tried to use best of everything, Gore cables, Goodridge hoses, Easton carbon bars, Straitline brake levers, Chris King headse, so i don't think it was to bad and certainly cheaper than I could afford to do it all new.

scud
    Free Member

David B.

It is a Joplin adjustable seatpost wih remote

rOcKeTdOg

Trek fuels are ace, only idiots ride 'em though 😳

neilforrow

cracking build for the money… they ride very well…

timlane7
    Free Member

That bikes cr@p, you should have built up that Heckler frame you bought a while back 😀

stooo
    Free Member

Looks lovely. I got one too, had a gravity dropper on it for a bit but got rid due to extreme uglyness. Joplin looks a bit nicer. May be tempted again.

scud
    Free Member

Sorry Tim,

managed to off load the dodgy heckler to a numbnuts called tim…

stevomcd
    Free Member

I am disappointed that it's not a shonky singlespeed. Surely that's the only bike you're allowed to build from classifieds bits?

scud
    Free Member

sorry Stevo, never really got the trying to out niche each other, there some lovely weird and wonderful bikes out there, but i believe that gears and suspension were invented for a reason… mostly to help slightly rotund fellas like me get up hills.

Woody
    Free Member

Well, I opened my personal ridicule tap and not even a drip came out.

Very nice looking bike. I fell cheated

scud
    Free Member

I'm amazed, knowing from previous threads the forums usual thoughts on coloured bolts, coloured cables and the like, i think i've escaped very lightly. Cheers fellas.

nuke

The frame and forks eventually made their way back together again even though the sale of both were separate and months apart!

Looks good…glad you're enjoying it. Happy riding 😀

scud
    Free Member

Cheers, Nuke, was a pleasure doing business with you. Great frame and forks

timraven

Nice looking bike, got one myself and it's a great ride. Enjoy 😆

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The bike the STW classifieds built…open the ridcule tap……’ is closed to new replies.