Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The Bike that Makes Me Smile!
  • birdage

Most of my biking is single speed on and off road. I didn’t think it was possible to have as much fun on a geared bike fun but the Singular Peregrine has been a hoot. It may not be the lightest or have the most robust paintwork but this bike took me fully loaded to Bordeaux, has just about kept up with some thoroughbred road bikes and in Monstercross mode has taken everything the South Downs has thrown at it.

IMG_3409 by Birdage, on Flickr

Peregrine Monster by Birdage, on Flickr

Any other Swiss Army bikes out there?

timbur
    Free Member

But you mince on it!
    Get the Swift out this time of year.

Seen my new build?

timbur
    Free Member

Oh, and get those bottle cages to match will you!

zbonty

I’d be interested to hear about your route to Bordeaux. Spain and up or Calais down?

jameso

Any other Swiss Army bikes out there?

I love adaptable ATB-style bikes.. Here’s my Swiss Army machete –

Road tourer

SS for local trails mode

Country lane road bike

Alpine dreamin’

Never known a bike to be so good at road miles as well as daft steep stuff.

birdage

The Swift is for when it gets really muddy. So you got the Jones then Tim, good build. Will it make it out the garden?
    Bordeaux was St Malo down. Great ride and some traffic-free parts. Was under a bit of pressure and did it in a week. Would definitely take longer next time.
    Jameso is that 2 Jones? Very nice!

takisawa2

My Ute never ceases to bring a smile.
    The kids love it.
    I love it.
    Pretty much evryone that we meet loves it.

Yet the Wife hates it, & would probably rather we were stuck in a car.

jameso

Jameso is that 2 Jones?

It’s one Jones, in different tyres+gearing guises this year. Not as pretty as a Singular though : ) If I didn’t have the Jones I’d quite like to try out a Gryphon, for similar uses.

fourbanger
    Free Member

On one Pomp with alfine 8. Took me to work and back, carried me to Budspest, goes out on club runs, just did salisbury plain challenge. Always works and all I change is tyres. Was toying with the idea of a racey 29er but don’t think I’ll bother.

timbur
    Free Member

One day it’ll get dirty :O)

doom_mountain

@birdage what size tyres can you get on the Peregrine with full guards?
    How does it handle when fully loaded?

Really like the look /idea of them, looking at swapping my rim brake tourer for one, this thread isn’t helping..!

drofluf
    Free Member

According to the site you can get 32’s in with ‘guards.

Another vote for the Peregrine, mines served duty as commuter, Audax bike and currently running in monster cross mode. Very comfortable bike for long days riding, may be not the lightest but very capable. Sorry doom_mountain I’m probably not helping 🙂

On the other hand the Pugsley always brings a smile to my face it just rolls over whatever’s in its path, floats over the mud and has great grip.

And then on yet another hand I took my recently neglected Swift out for a ride yesterday…

In fact I like all my bikes!

Sam

what size tyres can you get on the Peregrine with full guards?

32 at the very least. In fact I’ve had 50s on there, but that was very tight and with very low profile guards. Anything up to around 42 shouldn’t present any great problems.

birdage

I’ve had 35mm with full guards no problem and rigged some odd looking half-wrap guards for 1.75s.
    Weirdly seems lighter fully-loaded and handled really well. Discs were a bit of a pain with panniers but definately a bonus performance-wise.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The Bike that Makes Me Smile!’ is closed to new replies.