Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • the bike itch – help
  • adds

So iv got a 2005 kona caldera original forks marzz exr pro, stans arch rims 2015. but should I get new forks or build new bike with taper steerer ect. Whould I notice the difference as looking at 2015 Dartmoor primal frame (taper steerer, 26/27.5).

Be kind stw collective

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t put brand new forks on it.

I’d either:

1.Get a whole new bike
    2. Find some good condition secondhand forks for it but not spend too much

adds

The frame is good still but is straight steerer and not sure how long bb threads going to last as had to put a saint bb in as they have longer threads.

So then I like the idea of building a bike but what is the stw collectives thoughts on a Dartmoor Primal frame. As they seem cheap, future proof as taper head and 27.5 and 26 wheel. Confusion reigns at the moment!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Why that frame in particular?

By the time you’ve bought a new frame, forks and wheels it might be end up cheaper to buy a new bike..?

adds

Got wheels, brakes, stem, handle bars. But ye new bike prib cheaper mmmm decisions to make. Cheers for comnents

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

You’ve got 27.5″ wheels sorted already?

ctk
    Free Member

Cotic do a 26er

adds

Not 27.5 wheels but some 26″ Stans arch ex on SS ultra hubs, which ive been running for 6 months. If the frame I got was 26 and 27.5 compatible I could get 27.5 wheels and change bike to 27.5. Am I right in thinking that you can change some forks from 26 to 27.5?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I don’t know of many frames that will run 26 and 27.5

As for forks – I think it’s technically possible to fit new lowers to some forks but it’d be very expensive!

I’d say either stick with 26″ kit and look for good used stuff or buy a new 27.5 bike..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘the bike itch – help’ is closed to new replies.