Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • The Big Sharp Knife Thread
  • CountZero

Those Creek/Cutler knives are beautiful, proper heirloom pieces, although any reasonable knife, well looked after will last decades; I have a little cheap Sheffield pocket folder with a single blade and the folding triangular blade for opening cans that carries the inscription ‘Arras 1917’; it’s very worn, so clearly older than that, and very pitted, although the scales are brass.
    It takes a very good edge, though, and is still a good little knife while being over a century old.
    I don’t carry it, though, I’m too afraid I might lose it, it’s part of my family history, but I do use it around the house.

rOcKeTdOg

Then there’s obviously never a point in your day when you need to cut something or open something sealed in thick plastic, or even do something as mundane as trim the sharp edge on a torn fingernail.

I’d use scissors, obviously without running with them.

This thread has certain changed my perceptions of some of the forum members here.

I’d never carry a knife, I’m too impulsive when enraged & after 20+ years in the meat and mortuary industry I’ve seen the damage blades, non fixed, fixed, huge and tiny can do.

core

Links fixed! I may have a slight problem…………..

Of the folders, the cheap CAT branded one is used for rough jobs, opinel for general duties, as my ‘nice’ knife, and the red handled one is one I pinched from my grandads, hence the state of the blade (he is 98….)

The others – Mora, Buck, Gerber x 3 – the small fixed knife lives in the axe handle.

I am now genuinely considering a Creek Cutler folder too, I really would need to learn to look after a blade properly if I’m going to spend that much though!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg
    This thread has certain changed my perceptions of some of the forum members here.

I’d never carry a knife, I’m too impulsive when enraged .

And no doubt that comment has flagged you to many other forum members. Do you worry what might happen if you get enraged behind the wheel of a car? What about using power tools? How about just your bare hands when you’re around vulnerable people? Are there any rocks or bricks near you? Careful you don’t get enraged and bash someone’s skull in with them.

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘The Big Sharp Knife Thread’ is closed to new replies.