Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • The big drop at antur.
  • bella
    Free Member

Can confirm it will sort of roll but was on a 224. More comparable in top trumps style “fear factor”to the As step down than any of the other suggestions IMHO.

legend
    Free Member

As step

Ae I assume? Another easy one in comparison – straight (to practise on if you want), downhill, wide run in. Ok there’s a flat bit to get over, but can be easily done by a skill-less idiot (me)

superstu
    Free Member

I hate heights and it scares me looking at it.

Suggsey
    Free Member

My bottle/ability is limited to the drop in that’s to the left of the biggie in the video, that’s scary enough for me on 160mm AM bike 😆

mcnultycop

I’m nowhere near ever doing that at Antur, but chatted to Adrian Bradley in the uplift bus about it and he wAs saying the people who fail at it just roll it. He was also saying downhillers in the races there still bottle it, take the run down the left and lose time and momentum.

I saw a few people do it and still don’t know how.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

Whoever posted the photos of the roll in and the side profile – nice one. Unless you’ve stood at the top, or the bottom, videos just don’t do it justice.

I think the fact that you know it isn’t rollable really makes it tougher mentally.

Kudos to anyone who tries/makes it – I know my limits and that is beyond them!

lowey

The drops to the left and Right of that are enough for me. Way beyond my skill / balls level.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Yeah that looks a bit bigger now 🙂 Would like to see the transition at the bottom if there is one.

philwarren11
    Free Member

How does this compare to the first drop off the slab on GBU at FOD?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Way harder and higher than the first GBU drop

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks fun, sort of, on the right day…

out local equivalent…
    [video]http://vimeo.com/128714164[/video]
    Not done that one, would much rather do the Antur one

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

that roll in view .. no-way-jose.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That drop does look beefy . I would also have my eye on the tree to the right for the classic OTB collarbone smash

Northwind

philwarren11 – Member

How does this compare to the first drop off the slab on GBU at FOD?

Totally different animal imo (disclaimer- having ridden the slab but not the antur one). GBU slab has a bit of an ugly landing but otherwise is pretty straightforward, for what it is, nice setup and sighting etc.

(I am filing mike’s one under **** right off too, fwiw)

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘The big drop at antur.’ is closed to new replies.