Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The big CRC January sale………found anything interesting?
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

I ‘browsed’ the lot and didn’t find one thing? 🙁

so, what did i miss?

😳

toons
    Free Member

reverb!

lucien

And it isn’t even January – what sale are they going to do then, eh?

coopersport1
    Free Member

1/2 price Reverb +1

Crell
    Free Member

Bar the reverb, nada!

watsontony
    Free Member

for the dark side i saw a crank set for 160 ish that was ment to to about 700!!!

cove forplay for 230.

a cheap but old chain device for someone either doing a retro build or wanting to try 1×9/10.

monster hoodys with zip fronts for 18ish.10 speed
    slx shifter for 13quid!

deore 9speed for 10er.

cove std for 950.

loads and loads and loads

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Sort by discount to find the most reduced kit. Much of it is tat they’ve had years but they’ve got some Mavic clothing massively reduced and it is really nice good quality stuff.

Reverb not a revelation when everyone else doing it for similar price.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Some Skins bibshorts for me. Half price so can’t complain!

DT78
    Free Member

Hex for £50

Crell
    Free Member

I’ve always liked these. Carbon rims as well (not that I’d want them, just included at the price).

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=71724

The stuff I actually want is still on 10% to 15% off.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Loads and loads of Giordana stuff is half price. Absolute bargain, just got some overshoes.

tomaso
    Free Member

Hope pick and mix headsets are cheaper at £25.99 for each cup and if you buy both and get a fiver off its coming in at £46.98. Its not amazaing but its cheaper than the one I bought last month :mrgreen:

None of the things I bought this morning are any cheaper an hour later when the sale was announced. Which is nice…

gonetothehills
    Free Member

On a ‘same but different’ note, I bought a saddle from Wiggle this morning that went up by about 25% in their sale no more than 5 hours later!

project
    Free Member

cycling shoes for people with small feet, at cheaper prices than normal.

convert

On a ‘same but different’ note, I bought a saddle from Wiggle this morning that went up by about 25% in their sale no more than 5 hours later!

I was caught out by this. I had 3 things in my wiggle basket including a stem. I went out to the shed to fettle and work out exactly what size I needed for the stem and came back in a couple hours later and the basket value had gone up by £30. Didn’t bother proceeding to checkout.

nwill1
    Free Member

If I had £750 to drop on a play bike frame the cove hooker is a bargin!

johnnystorm

Sombrio Fedora.

druidh
    Free Member

The problem is that there is always a sale on at CRC. When the environment we’ve grown accustomed to is one showing prices 20-30% below RRP (and let’s leave out the dodgy trading practices for the moment) then it becomes difficult to offer an additional enticement.

granny_ring

DFS of the bike world? 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There is always a sale yeah, and its nigh on impossible to look through everything due to the terribly slow website and tick box search thing.

In a way its good, as it makes impulse purchases almost impossible. Just check the price when i need something specific like a cassette.

Northwind

Seems like some decent prices on Kore kit and Commencals… Raceface cranks too, Mega full builds (£2100 for the Pro seems good to me)

Junkyard
    Free Member

The problem is that there is always a sale on at CRC. When the environment we’ve grown accustomed to is one showing prices 20-30% below RRP (and let’s leave out the dodgy trading practices for the moment) then it becomes difficult to offer an additional enticement.

Not alone though are they The One one smorgasbord tyres have been sold at practically every price but the RRP – I mean when a chain makes it own stuff and only sells it own stuff and then sells it for less than its RRP
    😕

However we have grown accustomed to seeing this and looking for bargains so they are also giving the public what they want.

Bit chicken and egg but the prices are often fluid from all the large on line retailers

althepal

After the bargain slx 10speed shifters a week or so ago I’ve just pressed the button on a 10 speed xt cassette and rear clutch mech, for the total price of £95..including a cheeky 10% off code in the classifieds.. I always get money for my birthday anyway so it’s paying for the upgrades.. Can’t wait for my birthday 2weeks from now!

druidh
    Free Member

I believed that it was illegal so mark stuff as being at a “Sale” price if it hadn’t been offered at full price for a certain length of time. CRC fall foul of this all the time – especially with their own brands. I think you’re right that On One may have done it too.

kimbers

I was looking at some mavic/shimano wheelsets which seemed nicely discounted but just found them cheaper over at merlin

nixie

I believed that it was illegal so mark stuff as being at a “Sale” price if it hadn’t been offered at full price for a certain length of time.

I thought it was also dodgy ground to be using RRP prices and showing discount from them!

nosedive
    Free Member

Kore and Easton wheelsets

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

easton wheels been half price at CRC/Merlin on and off for about a year now. There’s a reason the Easton stuff isnt selling…

Some the Giordana ormondroyd pointed out has terrific reductions (70%), struggling to find anything in my size though (plus ca change for CRC).

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The big CRC January sale………found anything interesting?’ is closed to new replies.