Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t mind jokes about geeks but they have to be clever not just stupid and obvious.

But I will admit I only saw a couple of eps. However it’s hard to get ‘into’ something later, isn’t it?

satchm00
    Free Member

I don’t care what you all think I’m playing,

rock scissors paper lizard spock

samuri
    Free Member

I think it’s very funny, have bought and watched the entire boxset. Well worth the money. I’m a full on geek and like the geeky stuff.

Plus, at the start I didn’t fancy Penny but I did by the end.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The show is just simplistic stereotyping. I’ve watched a few episodes – not a titter from me. Sorry.

TiRed

Bit too autobiographical for me 😕 . My kids, however seem to love it. And I’m now referred to as “Sheldon”. Not sure if that’s a compliment. I will admit to trying to read the equations on their boards whenever I glimpse a scene 😳 . But I’ve only watched one whole episode.

dan77
    Free Member

I think it’s great, however explaining why I was laughing at the Doppler effect joke to the mrs was a bit of a challenge, bless her!!!!!

_tom_
    Free Member

New Girl is crap, I think I only continued watching it because Zooey is so hot.

hora
    Free Member

How I met your Mother- Jesus its soo bad I wanted to hurt someone.

By contrast I laughed out loud a few times during BBT last night 8)

john_l
    Free Member

New series of BBT is the best yet in IMO -genius.

hora
    Free Member

Spock talking to Sheldon. Amazing.

donsimon
    Free Member

Spock talking to Sheldon. Amazing.

That has to go hand in hand with the misuse of language like legend to describe anyone who’s been famous for more than 15 mins, or AWESOME to describe anyone who isn’t surfmat. 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

big bang is genius, my other US fave is 30 Rock.

hels
    Free Member

I think they need to bring the Mother characters into BBT a bit more, both are hilarious.

And P.S – what is Penny’s surname ?? We know all the other characters. Even Kwupky.

I like the nods to other series too, the running Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek references and cameos. The nod to Frasier in that you never meet Mrs Wollowitz, she is always offscreen. Although unlike Marys you do hear her.

hora
    Free Member

Love the Indian stereotype ‘why did you call us during the Cricket semi-final’?

GrahamS

A 9 minute Sheldon and Penny “minisode” for those undecided:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKCuNkuw7Nw[/video]

crankboy
    Free Member

i love Big Bang Theory ,I find it really funny. My wife works with a lad who has aspergers who views Sheldon as a posative roll model.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I like it – actually i love it!

The characterisations have grown as the series progresses, at first they were cardboard cut-outs but now have become more rounded.
    I love how Howard’s beautiful and sexy girlfriend is gradually morphing into his mother – a classic Jewish joke there. The ongoing sexual adoration of Amy Farrar-Fowler for Penny is pretty good too.

I don’t know whether it is part of the direction or the actress’s talent but those strange looks that Kaley Cuoco gives to the camera whenever there is a punchline crack me up 😆

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Love the way there are websites/blogs devoted to complaining that Autotrophs can’t actually drool!

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The Big Bang Theory’ is closed to new replies.