Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The best trail in the UK?
  • Sanny
    Free Member

Outstanding….that’s been on my radar for a while. Ended up riding Sgor Gaoth on Sunday – blue skies, gentle breeze, 24 degrees above 2000 feet, stunning views in every direction. Scotland rocks! 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

That does look ace and to think I drove past it last year and never stopped…

I love big Lakeland passess like Sticks, Nan Bield, Black Sail etc but low level stuff that is really tricky tech to ride without dabbing is a favourite and for that reason I could ride around the Ullswater shore and Boredale Hause.

nickc

Uncannily similar to the Chilterns. 😉

fergal
    Free Member

Outstanding, prepare for an English invasion, mincers on orange fives 😛

Sanny
    Free Member

What beats it? MacDhui all the way down past Loch Etchecan into Glen Derry is pretty bloody fantastic. 😀 It’s up there on my favourites list……….the Lochnagar circuit is mighty fine too. The descent off of Binnean Mor is a belter as you have multiple descent options into Kinlochleven. All are great!

Spin
    Free Member

It’s a good loop with great scenery but just to deflate the hyperbole slightly…

In wet conditions there is a lot of grimness from the YH to the Bealach na Sgairne. Save it for really dry weather to see the best of it.

The descent from the Bealach na Sgairne is pretty much the only technical interest, although it is very good.

AlexSimon

We didn’t make it in the end. Parked at the start, but cold windy weather combined with tiredness of having done 2 long days around Torridon made us get in the car and whizz around the Fort William Red/Blue + a bit of enduro course instead.

Something to do next time!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

The descent is good but if were up there again, I’d do a ½day push up and ride back down. Even in the dry.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The best trail in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.