Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • The best television, like, ever.
  • SaxonRider

Has anyone else on here watched Archer on Netflix? Is is not brilliant on so many levels?

The concept, the writing, the casting, the characters, the timing, the editing, the acting… they’re all unbelievably well devised.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Nope. Netflix=Amazon so I don’t go anywhere near.

Jamie
    Free Member

We talking about the same Archer?

mikey74
    Free Member

Netflix = Amazon? They bought Lovefilm, not Netflix.

Jamie
    Free Member

Netflix = Amazon? They bought Lovefilm, not Netflix.

Heh….I was going to say, but he seemed so happy about the fact.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Maaaan!

Jamie
    Free Member

*note to self: remind CFH to update his memes*

DezB
    Free Member

The best television, like, ever

is Tom Hardy in Peaky Blinders. Superb!

muggomagic

I thought this was going to be a thread about pointless.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Surely you’re talking about Plebs?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Archer is class. Watched it from the first episode and was hooked. Piratebay did have it’s uses back in day as I couldn’t find it over here at the time. I think the most recent series went a bit awol but it was still funny.

Jamie
    Free Member

At first I thought so, but then I realised it was awesome.

….kinda sad they have lost a shitload of cash having to shred all their ISIS merch, tho.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/10/archer-drops-isis-the-fx-series-dumps-the-spy-org-s-name-in-light-of-recent-events.html

CountZero

Utterly frackin brilliant TV.
    I did think this thread was going to be about Sony, Samsung or LG, mind…

SaxonRider

If I thought there was a chance I wouldn’t get banned, I would post the funniest moments.

Jamie
    Free Member

You may also want to track down Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo.

Same dudes who do Archer’s earlier work

batfink
    Free Member

Archer?

j3ffo
    Free Member

Hands down my favourite TV show. I discovered it after someone mentioned it on here and it got me through last winters stationary bike sessions…

Genius

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not even close…

somouk
    Free Member

I wasn’t convinced about Archer until I’d watched a couple of episodes. I’m now hooked and have the whole lot on the NAS.

Just waiting for the new series in 2015.

BoardinBob

*cough*

chvck
    Free Member

I just thought that I’d agree that Archer is most, most excellent.

drlex
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

best thing Ive seen since The Wire and Breaking Bad.

SaxonRider

But you see, crashtestmonkey, Breaking Bad was not actually all that good. Walter White was a uni-dimensional character, whose descent into fairly extreme criminal activity was not remotely believable. There was some attempt in the first episode to establish why he would go from chemistry teacher to drug dealer, but the writers didn’t even bother to try to continue with that idea.

I can understand why people found it vaguely entertaining, but there is no way it could be put on the same shelf as The Sopranos, Mad Men, or even Archer – as different as they all are from one another.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

That drinking game would definitely put me in the Danger Zone

Clobber
    Free Member

Breaking Bad was not actually all that good. Walter White was a uni-dimensional character, whose descent into fairly extreme criminal activity was not remotely believable. There was some attempt in the first episode to establish why he would go from chemistry teacher to drug dealer, but the writers didn’t even bother to try to continue with that idea.

Serious comment or just trolling?

warton
    Free Member

I’m with Saxonrider. Breaking bad was good but hardly incredible. The wire for me is still the best TV ever made, but I have just watched season 1 of True Detective and my god that is a good show.

DezB
    Free Member

Serious comment or just trolling?

Trolling means having an opinion now?
    I only watched series 1 of BB. No desire to watch anymore, it was ok.

True Detective, oh yes. Brilliant.
    Also:

Clobber
    Free Member

Trolling means having an opinion now?

Just asking if it was a serious comment or if he was saying it to get a reaction…

jota180
    Free Member

I’m with a few others here, Breaking Bad is nothing special at all IMO

RustySpanner

*note to self: remind CFH to update his memes*

Damn right, get with the program(mme) grandad.

And I agree.
    The Archers is, indeed, excellent.

IHN

I kind of agree with SaxonRider; BB was very good, but, for my money, not as good as the hype would have you believe. Certainly not at the same level as The Sopranos or Mad Men (not seen Archer). Or, if I’m honest The West Wing.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m not even sure you can compare an animated comedy with a small budget that airs in 20 minute slots to a crime drama with 50 minute episodes and a huge budget and real actors. It’s like comparing apples and oranges. Both great but in different ways.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

But you see, crashtestmonkey, Breaking Bad was not actually all that good

in your opinion. Us all liking the same thing would be boring. Did you persevere with all 5 seasons? I loved The Wire (rate it higher than BB) but some seasons were (much) better than others; the first for the characters and original idea, the 2nd one (tangential story of people not drug trafficking) was the most involving, the 4th one really bleak, the 5th felt like an afterthought and most of them felt like they had rushed endings.

I dont even like some of the characters in BB (WW is unsympathetic and Skyler needs a slap according to my other half!) but I’m still interested in what happens to them, and even the episodes where nothing much happens flesh out the characters (or pad it out if youre being negative).

willard

Generation Kill is, as you say, truly good and some of my favourite TV ever.

I still maintain Twin Peaks takes a lot of beating though, if nothing more than for the sheer mind-fsckery that it gave.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The best television, like, ever

is Tom Hardy in Peaky Blinders. Superb!

Considering he only appears for about 30 seconds – he’s become one of the scariest nutters ever.

doh
    Free Member

Another one of those series that was hidden away and no one got to see it, think you can still get some episodes on channel 5 catch up.
    Might put on my tactical turtleneck and watch some later.

kimbers

Twin Peaks still class

Deadwood

Sopranos

Wire

BSG

Rome

loads more too but for me the winner is a show with…

a long term story arc,

brilliant characters with great dynamic,

and some mean waistcoats

it featured the best wedding ever conceived in the visual arts

it even had Iggy Pop in it

Cougar

DS9 is, IMHO, Star Trek’s finest moment. But it took three seasons to sort its life out. The whole Dominion War arc is superlative viewing.

And it’s not as good as Farscape.

Or Firefly.

leegee

2nd series of Sherlock. For me as good as it gets.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘The best television, like, ever.’ is closed to new replies.