• This topic has 29 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by juan.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The best looking new motorbike I've seen in a long time..
  • vinnyeh

The Royal Enfield Trials..

Joe

no

Jamie
    Free Member

no

vinnyeh

bah humbugs.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You should go to Specsavers 😯

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

no

uplink
    Free Member

Now my brother just got one of these

Joe

Also no.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

yes please

anagallis_arvensis

Those Enfield Trials are superb, I want one for pootling about country lanes. The Bonneville Scramblers are very nice looking too but about double the price.

anagallis_arvensis

oh and that red pastic monstrosity is damn ugly, no doubt fun to ride but christ my eyes.

juan
    Free Member

Yes yes and yes… Getting bored of crappy Inline 4 superbike with square tires…

iDave
    Free Member
    Marge
    Free Member

now that is damn nice….

epicsteve
    Free Member

The Endfield does look nice but it's almost entirely useless as a motorbike – other than for polishing. A modern 125 (e.g. cbf125) would be faster, much more economical and a lot more reliable.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Plastic race reps? No thanks. Just because they are expensive and fast don't make them good looking, and VERY VERY few faired bikes are. Mostly they all look the same.

I do have a soft spot for Enfields myself. I fancy one with a sidecar, Wallace and Gromit style.
    Phut-phut-phut-phut-phut-phut!

Luvverly.
    😀

uplink
    Free Member

I do have a soft spot for [strike]Oilfields[/strike] Enfields myself. I fancy one with a sidecar, Wallace and Gromit style.
    Phut-phut-phut-phut-phut-phut!

Hey PP – d'you want to buy a 61 Constellation?

juan
    Free Member

and a lot more reliable.

ROFLMAO. You tell me how many moderns 125 can ride around the world then go on 😉

Lionheart
    Free Member

idave that is the best website i have been shown in a long time 😀

epicsteve
    Free Member

ROFLMAO. You tell me how many moderns 125 can ride around the world then go on

Just because an Enfield can be fixed with a hammer doesn't mean that it's reliable! Plus I'm certain that a round the world trip could be done on something like a CBF125 no problem – or at least no more problem than with an Enfield.

I'm on a forum for thumper owners (I have an XBR500 in the fleet) and without exception the Enfield owners on the list have had plenty of reliability issues.

Being able to ride a bike round the world isn't the best measure of reliability anyway. I used to own an XT600, one of the more common round the world choices, and while it was a good bike in many ways it wasn't particularily reliable – often having starting problems in winter.

juan
    Free Member

often having starting problems in winter.

Learn to kick start…

mugsys_m8

I reckon a cg125 would do a round the world trip Juan.
    I reckon one probably actually has.

As for a 125 two sroke race rep, that probably wouldn't do too well on a round the world trip.

Not that there are many (any?) two stroke race rep 125's made any more due to emission regs…

epicsteve
    Free Member

Learn to kick start…

Wouldn't have helped, given it didn't have one…

Got other bikes with a kick-start (including the XBR500) and can kick start them fine.

juan
    Free Member

A XT600 with no kick start beurkkkkk IIRC that is the blue one isn't it?
    The only good point of this one is that you could use the bottom engine to prep race some SRX 😈

epicsteve
    Free Member

A XT600 with no kick start beurkkkkk IIRC that is the blue one isn't it?

Mine was a black XT600E. I thought none of the more modern ones had kick-starts. Chap who owned it before me even raced it off-road (I swapped him a more suitable DR350SE), but it was slow and heavy compared to the CRM250R I also had (and also preferred as a commuter).

The only good point of this one is that you could use the bottom engine to prep race some SRX

Girls bike.

juan
    Free Member

nope see that is the point SRX are bike fo people who ride proper roads 😉
    None of this straigh lines non sense 😀

Yes the black and red one with 4 valve electric written all aver it 😉 I remember this one 😀

If I had to get a X thumper it would eb a XR 650 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

nope see that is the point SRX are bike fo people who ride proper roads
    None of this straigh lines non sense

While I love my XBR500 and enjoyed riding SRX's when I've had a go – it's bollocks to think they're quicker than more modern bikes on twisty roads. Even my old Deauville was much quicker on B and unclassified roads – better suspension, better brakes, more power. My CBR600 or CBF1000 are in a different league altogether.

Yes the black and red one with 4 valve electric written all aver it I remember this one

If I had to get a X thumper it would eb a XR 650

Nice bikes, but I'd suggest you re-consider buying one after you've tried to kick-start it half way up a muddy climb when it's been upside down after a tumble…

Very quick bike though. Chap from TBM competed on one of the first ones in a trail bike rally I was also in. Crashed it spectacularily if I recall correctly.

vinnyeh

Reliability shouldn't be too much of an issue- the engine's a whole new design with a unitised gearbox and (shockingly) efi, albeit still air colled, and with a top speed of around 85mph.

iDave, that's really nice- I've always really liked the look of flat trackers, wherther it's an XR750, or one of the Honda based jobs. This one always gets me though- a flat track racer powered by a TZ750 engine raced by Kenny Roberts snr. It must have been absolutely terrifying.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Reliability shouldn't be too much of an issue- the engine's a whole new design with a unitised gearbox and (shockingly) efi, albeit still air colled, and with a top speed of around 85mph.

Would you really want to trust Enfield's first go at a fuel-injection system?

Here's my thumper – Honda XBR500SJ:

juan
    Free Member

it's bollocks to think they're quicker than more modern bikes on twisty roads.

I am talking proper twisty road here. Not B road. And I might have been very unlucky but I never found anyone that could give me a run for my money around la bonette, whereas I perfectly know that I am a below average rider. So I really do think bike does help a lot.

Nice bikes, but I'd suggest you re-consider buying one after you've tried to kick-start it half way up a muddy climb when it's been upside down after a tumble…

LOL fair point but I was thinking more in the lines of smaller wheels and slick tyres 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘The best looking new motorbike I've seen in a long time..’ is closed to new replies.