• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by pnik.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The best intro to 11sp?
  • breninbeener

Im building up a 1x HT mtb for my partner. We do have a lot of bikes in the house for kids and all the mtbs are shimano 1×10. Some have beem built as 1×10 and others converted from 2×10 or 3×10.

I have used narrow wide chainrings and and expander 40t with a clutched rear mech and a one-up rad cage. I have been pleased with all this.

In the garage i have some Hope hubs and some DT 350 in both shimano and xd freehub.

We dont currently have any 11sp kit, so what should i buy? Or should i stick with 10sp as per my normal formula? There seems to be a feel that 11sp is better in sram than shimano but i havnt an evidence for that, just anecdotes. Can anyone explain the best VFM kit?

The bike will be for bike packing adventures and general trail duties when she doesnt want to ride the full sus. The bike is a Cotic Solaris and i have some old but unused XT 2x and 3x chainsets to use for its build.

Amy recommendations please?

boxelder

Just use the old 10 spd stuff up first?
    Shimano appears to be SLX, with upgraded XT shifter maybe.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think it all revolves around how you feel about gaps in th gears and alu sprockets.

Although I run 11 speed myself, in your shoes I’d be tempted to look at a sunrace wide range 10 speed cassette which is all steel.

akira

Slx with sunrace cassette. Job done.

breninbeener

Great, seems like 10sp it is!

matt_outandabout

Slx with sunrace cassette. Job done

+1

Works well for me.

pnik

This is my plan for my solaris. Sun-race 10speed that is.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The best intro to 11sp?’ is closed to new replies.